Hey guys, I've noticed the episode pages on the site aren't very consistent and in lots of cases just plain untidy with too many header 3s and such. The wiki guide doesn't offer a template other than "Plot Summary" so that doesn't help much either.
So, I've been messing with some pages and looking at other anime wikis. I came up with a template but I want feedback from you guys. After all, I may be a moderator, but that doesn't mean I should run around changing too many things without talking to everyone else first. Below is my proposed template, I think I've covered pretty much everything, some sections are optional and mostly for shounen series. I've used this template here as an example (below I've left the last section unchanged as it's self-explanatory).
Tell me what you think and if anything should be changed/renamed or added, thanks!
A short (generally a couple of sentences) synopsis goes here. An "official" synopsis is recommended if available, like the ones found on the FUNimation website, Hulu or Crunchyroll. These are usually short and give a brief overview for those who don't want to read the full plot summary to find out what the episode is about. This is one of the few places in the wiki where we allow content from other websites.
via FUNimation (or whoever)
This is where the bulk of text goes on an episode page. Plot Summaries should be long and detailed, much longer than the synopsis above it. Include links to other wiki pages in this text and feel free to insert some screen captures too, just not too many. Images should float right, as with other pages in the wiki. Grids of images may be used if necessary.
Next Episode Preview
Briefly describe the preview for the next episode here. Usually this should be something like "Character X talks about something while preview clips play in the background." See the example page linked above.
If the episode features an omake (bonus content) of some sort, write about it here. These often happen after the next episode preview.
Points of Interest
- Major plot points and such go here.
- A point of interest might be when a character learns a new ability.
- Or is seen using an ability or move for the very first time.
- Or maybe if a couple kiss for the first time, that sort of stuff.
Fights (shounen anime)
- Character X vs. Character Y (started, continued and/or concluded)
Brief notes on the fight, if it involved more than two characters write about who delivered the final blow, what roles each character played and so on.
Powers & Abilities Used (shounen anime)
- Super Power
- Attack (unnamed) <-- If the move is unnamed in the anime but has a fan term, put unnamed in brackets.
Sub & Dub Differences
Note which scripts the differences are from (i.e: FUNimation's sub and dub scripts)
- Make sure these are significant changes, for example when dialogue has been removed or added for the dub.
- Listing minor differences will make this a million miles long.
Manga & Anime Differences
- Like the sub/dub differences, these should generally be notable or significant in some way.
- Like extended scenes or changes to outfits or poses.
- Or maybe they cut entire scenes from the source material, or added new ones in.
- A row of images below helps. The screen caps should be in the episode's gallery, manga images in the manga gallery on the franchise page.
- Japanese Episode Name: "Yōsei no Shippo" (妖精の尻尾)
- Story Arc: Macao arc
- Manga Chapter: 001
- Opening Theme: "Snow Fairy" by FUNKIST
- Ending Theme: "Kanpeki Gū no ne" (完璧ぐ〜のね, "Complete Loss for Words") by Watarirouka Hashiri Tai
- Eyecatches: See all Fairy Tail eyecatches here. The eyecatches for this episode feature Happy: