DENIED!!!

Topic started by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto on Feb. 22, 2011. Last post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
So, I had a wiki submission rejected on the grounds of plagiarism. Beautiful. Well, here's my counter to this- if it's plagiarism, then why would I bother to show the links where the content came from? If I were plagiarizing the content, I wouldn't have even BOTHERED to include those links to the original sites.
Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I'm not sure who blocked it but the point of the wiki is to have original content.  Things that go against that, such as properly sourcing text that ou copied word for word from another site goes against that idea.  There is no mandate that users edit the AV wiki.  If you can't think of anything original to add, which to me would be a sign that maybe you don't enough about a series to really be editing it to begin with, just don't add anything.  No harm, no foul. 

Plus, I'm looking at your account now.  You weren't banned from wiki editing so it's not like you had to suffer any consequences.  Just consider it a friendly warning.
As much as I'd love to agree with you, let me point you to this article I read on Wikipedia that would back me up:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:About#Wikipedia_content_criteria 

Please note item number six in that particular section of the article.
Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Please note that the point of the Anime Vice wiki is to have original content, not be a direct copy of Wikipedia.
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@sickVisionz said:
" Please note that the point of the Anime Vice wiki is to have original content, not be a direct copy of Wikipedia. "
Also, take into consideration that unlike Wikipedia's content, Anime Vice is about the community. So we want to know what the site's community has to say not only in reviews but also adding to the wiki in their own words, not other site's.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,250 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: On the Whiskey Media sites you aren't allowed to copy content from other websites, it's as simple as that.
@sickVisionz@sora_thekey@Newten: Well, when one thinks about this in retrospect, all information has to come from somewhere, right? The information generally culled on here is from one point of the internet or another. Thus, all of your points are invalidated.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel