Delay for created pages to show up in search?

Topic started by Cathryn on Jan. 22, 2012. Last post by Cathryn 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Cathryn (7 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Hey everyone. I apologize if this has already been answered before.

I created a couple character pages yesterday. My submissions were approved, but the characters aren't showing up in searches, so I can't add them to episodes yet. Is there generally a delay with character names showing up in searches? When I added a franchise, it appeared immediately in searches, so I found that to be a little confusing. The characters are Yuu Sakurakouji and Masumi Hayami. And yes, Hayami Masumi is in the database already, but he's filled in erroneously as another character and I've already reported that on the delete/combine thread.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Cathryn: Usually there's a slight delay but it shouldn't last too long. Can you give me links to the pages so I can take a look at them?

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Cathryn: Personally, I found that the pages that I would create would not appear in the search or be able to add to pages until I had made at least one edit to the created page. After that, the character page will appear for adding.

As Newten said, there tends to be a slight delay with the pages, but they do appear after a short while.

@Newten: http://www.animevice.com/yuu-sakurakouji/18-33710/

http://www.animevice.com/masumi-hayami/18-33709/

Thanks!

@ShadowKnight508: Thanks! I was wondering if that might be the issue and was going to edit their pages a bit, but I'm doing a rewatch/reread of the whole series and wanted to wait until I had significant edits to make. Figured I might as well ask if this was common or not :)

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Cathryn: All right, they're coming up in search now.

@Newten: Sweet! Thanks a bunch :)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel