Concept ideas thread.

Topic started by damswedon on Sept. 20, 2010. Last post by takashichea 4 months, 1 week ago.
Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I would never guess... Thanks.

• Power-Up - since this concept can be greatly used and it usually comes after Training.
  • Explaining Your Power to the Enemy - because of either PIS or CIS. It's like a anime/manga rule, when you get a new power up you need to explain it to your opponent so he can counter you easier.
Post by takashichea (11,069 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@bigz007:

The last one is such a good cliche in Shonen anime. I seen it so much in Bleach and Naruto. A related concept to Power-up is Power Dyes Your Hair, but the Power-up concept looks solid.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,184 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Oh, I have one. What about The Final Clash - When to powerful characters clash with their most powerful attack.

It a really common trope

Here an example

@Destinyheroknight:

That sounds like a great idea. Better than Bad Ass Fight Scene because this concept is less subjective.

@takashichea:

Ok, I'll add it

@takashichea: So both concepts are okay...

Let me just see what @Daniel_Newton: thinks about it...

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@bigz007 said:

• Power-Up - since this concept can be greatly used and it usually comes after Training.
  • Explaining Your Power to the Enemy - because of either PIS or CIS. It's like a anime/manga rule, when you get a new power up you need to explain it to your opponent so he can counter you easier.

These seem fine.

@Destinyheroknight said:

Oh, I have one. What about The Final Clash - When to powerful characters clash with their most powerful attack.

I wouldn't go with that name. Beam-O-War would be better.

@Daniel_Newton:

Should we create a separate concept page for manga simulcast due to the recent Crunchyroll/Kodansha partnership plus Viz Media?

Post by Acura_Max (2,323 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Daniel_Newton said:

@Destinyheroknight said:

I wouldn't go with that name. Beam-O-War would be better.

What about those moments where the characters clash with their most powerful physical attack? (Ex. Gundam 00 and Bleach)

Skip to 1:50

@Daniel_Newton: Okay, I'll add those.

Any ideas on default picture? @takashichea:

@bigz007:

It's up to you.

These are what I came up if you couldn't find stuff.

For Power Up, the two characters that come to mind is Goku and rest of the Super Saiyans or Natsu Dragneel with lots of flames.

For the second one, all I can think of is diagrams where Kakashi or any Naruto character explains about someone's jutsu or Kekkei Genkai.

@takashichea said:

Should we create a separate concept page for manga simulcast due to the recent Crunchyroll/Kodansha partnership plus Viz Media?

Yeah I was thinking we should probably have a simulpub page, go for it.

@Acura_Max: Take a look at the Beam-O-War link I posted, there are alternative tropes for physical struggles.

Post by Acura_Max (2,323 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Daniel_Newton: So, you're telling me that I'm looking for Air Jousting?

@Acura_Max: Depends on the circumstances, but yeah. Looking at that clip you posted I imagine Blade Lock would apply to plenty of Gundam fights, and definitely lots of Bleach fights.

@Daniel_Newton:

I think Final Clash work better, since it can mean more then one thing

@Destinyheroknight: "Final Clash" could mean a lot of different things and I almost guarantee some users would use it incorrectly. It kind of sounds like "Final Battle" which isn't what it means in this case at all.

Plus, what about the times when a beam struggle isn't the finale to a fight? It could happen mid-fight, in which case it wouldn't be "final" at all.

These are the sorts of reasons why I usually use the established trope names from TV Tropes. They're more specific so confusion like this can be avoided.

@Daniel_Newton:

Maybe the Goku and Vegeta clash wasn't a good example, I feel most people we get it (their always the Aliases)

Beam-O-War can also mean a lot of things to (it probably a Shonen attack)

I don't like using TV Tropes, to get tropes name (feel like we just coping them).

I've created pages:

If someone can think of any good default image, it would be great.

@bigz007:

My teammate Bigz007 asked if we should create a concept page for manga title cards or as an alternative, a sub gallery for manga title cards in the Title Card gallery.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel