Concept ideas thread.

Topic started by damswedon on Sept. 20, 2010. Last post by takashichea 5 months ago.
Post by takashichea (11,700 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@buhssuht said:

Gluttonous - person who eats a lot whether the person is fat or not

yay or nay?

although i feel like i've seen that kind of page somewhere

I think there is a eater *eating) concept, but on the summary, it talks about big eaters. I don't know about that.

@EganTheVile1:

Corporal Punishment is another alias. Adding it as a page is a good idea.

My new ideas:

• Drug References b/c my shaman king characters have names that are drug based. Some animes should have that.
  • Biblical Allusions - references to Bible. Ex: Arch Angels in Shaman King.
  • Buddhist Allusions - references to Buddhist language. Ex: Shaman King's teams like Gandala, characters like Amidamaru
  • Implied Kissing Scene - similar to implied sex scene which I had help from users.
  • Hot but Dumb - A hot person is dumb as a brick. (Not to be cliche)

Need some feedback especially about the two religious allusions and the last point.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Is there some concept for non-blood related sibling?

@takashichea: yea, i think i'll just go with eating

@buhssuht:

Is there a name for this? I come up with Adopted, but I could be wrong.

@sickVisionz: @ZombiePie:@EganTheVile1: @FoxxFireArt:

I got a new concept when I saw these pages on Giant Bomb.

After seeing their sexualized men and sexualized women, why not add a SEX SYMBOL concept? I don't know much, but I think of Lara Croft (videogame). I need help on which Anime women and men are idolized.

Edit: Cancel the sex object concept due FoxxFireArt's reasons.

Active list that needs approval:

@EganTheVile1:

Corporal Punishment is another alias. Adding it as a page is a good idea.

My new ideas:

• Drug References b/c my shaman king characters have names that are drug based. Some animes should have that.
  • Biblical Allusions - references to Bible. Ex: Arch Angels in Shaman King.
  • Buddhist Allusions - references to Buddhist language. Ex: Shaman King's teams like Gandala, characters like Amidamaru
  • Implied Kissing Scene - similar to implied sex scene which I had help from users.
  • Hot but Dumb - A hot person is dumb as a brick. (Not to be cliche)
  • masochist concept
  • Neorare (NTR) Cuckold

Need some feedback especially about the two religious allusions and the last point.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Not going to make this without people agreeing it should be made.... 

To Hell and Back  

A concept where a character is dragged through a brutal series of events but survives and returns to a semi-normal life

@EganTheVile1:

Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

I got a new idea, Karma.

"What goes around, comes around." I seen this concept several times in Shaman King with Yoh repeating: "If you hurt people, they will hurt you back."

Edit:

Caught in a lewd/suggestive/awkward position

A lot of times, people don't knock and jump to conclusions where they see a someone on someone.

Edit:

5-14-12 - Concept Pages Already Created:

Thanks EganTheVile1 for bumping this thread. I'll come up with some ideas.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Added the Taboo concept, basically this is a way of associating a concept to things we really dont want to make concepts for

@EganTheVile1:

I just thought up a new concept that I seen in the past wiki projects I been working this month: Dying with a Smile.

How's that sound? Is it a good concept?

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea said:

@EganTheVile1:

I just thought up a new concept that I seen in the past wiki projects I been working this month: Dying with a Smile.

How's that sound? Is it a good concept?

Yeah that's fine as it's an established trope, call it "Go Out with a Smile" as that's what I've seen it called elsewhere. "Dying with a Smile" can be an alias.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,775 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I made the "Spit Take" concept as a cliche on Screened, but would it work as a concept for this site too? It does happen in a number of anime...

Also, "Go Out with a Smile" should also be added to Screened right? I don't remember much other shows or movies (besides "Holes" for spoiler reasons) that have it.

EDIT: Idea from : "Hot but Dumb - A hot person who is dumb as a brick. (Not to be cliche)"

That would work as a cliche for Screened, but I feel like it should be better used under another name. Any ideas?

@Bigheart711:

I agree with Spit Take. Go add it.

This is my thoughts on rephrasing "Hot but dumb" - Sexy but Stupid, Brainless Beauties,

Yup.

@Daniel_Newton:

Okay, I'll add it.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,228 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I believe I going to add No Sense Of Direction or Poor Sense Of Direction, since it a common in anime/manga

@Destinyheroknight: "No Sense of Direction" would be fine, I've seen it on other sites. Kenpachi from Bleach is a perfect example.

@Destinyheroknight:

I was thinking hard about this one. All I can remember is Ace of Alice in the Country of Hearts. That's all I got.

I think it's a solid concept once we get more characters.

Also, it looks my Beauty Mark page would be deleted soon since Daniel told me one could just make a list of characters with beauty marks. We need Daniel or the other mod's views on this concept page. Thanks for adding more characters to the Dying With a Smile.

Edit:

Nevermind, Daniel is already on the scene.

@takashichea:

What about Zoro & Ryoga?

@Daniel_Newton:

Alright I'll add it

@Destinyheroknight:

Totally forgot about Zoro. I don't have a good memory of these odd traits. That's why I asked you and my teammates for help. Remember that Beauty Mark, Reverse Harem, and Freckles requests?

Did I ever asked you for help on Caught in a Lewd Position or Loss of Innocence or Implied Sex Scene pages?

@takashichea:

No, you haven't

But I don't know any at the moment

What about Blasting Off, when a character is send flying. It a common anime trope

@Destinyheroknight: Yeah that's a good one, I'm surprised we didn't have it already. I looked it up on TV Tropes and went ahead and added it.

Hmm, I can't believe nobody have put up Bottomless Pit (A character that can eat a ton without being full)

yay or nay?

@Destinyheroknight:

I remember someone deleting Big Eater concept page a while ago.

Edit: I don't think we should add it.

@Daniel_Newton:

Was it you Daniel? You were revamping the wiki pages and eliminating unnecessary pages.

Also, Juuhachi added the Mary Sue page. I'm okay with the idea.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel