Concept ideas thread.

Topic started by damswedon on Sept. 20, 2010. Last post by takashichea 4 months ago.
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
What about a concept page for "getting stuck in a warehouse and hijinks" happen? You know when a boy and a girl go into a warehouse and the door magically closes.
Post by takashichea (10,853 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
I added Loss of Innocence to the wiki database due to reading a part in Shaman King where a boy who has lost his humanity.
I added The Things They Carried by Tim O' Brien as a reference on that page.

Forgot to report it.
My team added the Rain or raining.
For Rave master, my team has added Silver claiming, Overdrive, and maybe Etherion.
Post by DocHaus (925 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Added tanabata, because it seems to be a staple of slice-of-life and romance shows. Also thinking of adding Invisible Parents or Deadbeat Parents, for characters/shows where the parents never actually show up or if they are mentioned but never seen (respectively). We have just plain Parents, but the term is too ubiquitous to mean anything.
Online Now
@DocHaus:
I like your concept. It reminds of Charle Brown and some other cartoons.
@zombiepie
:
A bit confusing for me. I was thinking of implied sex scene when you were talking about a boy and a girl in a closed space and "hijinks."
Online Now
I added the following concepts today:
I know these are not unique concepts but they are a frequent them in anime especially Shounen anime. I had a hard time finding a broken promise image. I have to look for Kakashi's vow to protect Rin's image to replace Chocolove's family image.
@takashichea: Who about "Bath Towel falls off in front of someone of the opposite sex."

Look brevity may be the soul of wit, but I sure as hell don't have any.
Online Now
@zombiepie:
My best guess would be "Accidental Fanservice" but Fanservice is already a concept page. I guess it can fall under Fanservice as a sub concept.
Another guess would be Convenient Flashing or Accident Flashing.

It happens in both shoujo and shonen.
Example: Orange Planet
@takashichea
Previously mentioned concepts of mine are now officially in the wiki. YOU HEAR THAT DAD? THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU! Okay, seriously though, my parents are not that insane (though I know a few who are).

And as for promises, don't forget the "childhood promise," where every freaking harem MC with a Childhood Friend is expected to remember a promise they made pre-kindergarten to get married one day. Gonna whip up that one quickly now.
Online Now
@DocHaus:
Thanks. I forgot about childhood promises. I was thinking about promises made for survival and war not love. Childhood promise are a nice addition. Now the promise concept has a love side to it.
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Should I add concept for Youkai?
or should it just be lump it together with either ghost or demon?
@takashichea: @takashichea: Sorry guys but I'm still on codeine.

Do anime have drug induced dream sequences? How about teen angst as a concept page
@buhssuht: I'd argue that Youkai are simply demons by another name. Put it as an alias unless you find anything largely different.
Online Now
@zombiepie:
Yeah. See HOTD OAD due to their hallucination on some hydrangea or something. For teen angst, it is good idea since it is a frequent theme for horny, emo, and rebellious teenagers.

Edit: in anime and real life just like Dochaus's concepts: Deadbeat parents and Absent parents.
Did not know you had a ScreenEd account. I think I got Teen Angst's definition wrong by looking at your concept page, Teen Angst.
Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I was surprised that it wasn't already there, but I added a Poverty concept and put some aliases there as well.

Online Now
@zombiepie
I think Anime Vice needs Teen Angst and a page about " Beauty Marks." (I was going to call it mole but it sounds weird) Got to find the Japanese translation for beauty marks. The reason is that when I was doing the implied sex scenes examples for Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi and Genshiken 2, I noticed one of the girls has a beauty mark and for reason, I can't stop staring at it. After today, expect a page about beauty marks once I find a nice picture for it.
Online Now
Sweet! I added the beauty mark page. I cannot believe Juuhachi added a motion sickness page already without telling the team. On the bright side, it is a nice surprise concept page.

Please add some characters for beauty mark. I only remember two so far, and I will add some more as the day progresses.

It turns out Kanako Ohno has a beauty mark from Genshiken 2.
Edit: Found two more, Nene from Beelzebub and Fumio from Chibi vampires. Still searching for some people (guys have beauty marks, too.) Found Rangiku from Bleach, but it was a bit tough because that mole is faint and some images are slightly blurry until I ran into some fan art.

Thank Sonata for adding Konata Izumi from Lucky Star to the beauty mark page.

New concept but not sure if it's good

Ever since I finished watching all those implied sex scene episodes (with thanks to those who gave hints and suggestions), I also notice a trend besides First Time/ Virginity. Many of the characters had their first kisses before they start to "do it", so I was thinking of adding "Lip-Ginity" which is similiar to Virginity without the sex part.
@takashichea: If you do lip-ginity be sure to add an alias for "First Kiss".  I can see someone duping that by mistake otherwise.
Online Now
@sickVisionz
At first, I wanted to make the official name first kiss to make it parallel to First Time, but I think Lip-ginity stands out. I'm pretty sure someone will hate me for this act.  
Thank god! Someone is updating the Promise concept. It warms my heart.
 Yet, I still can't find more people for beauty mark, broken promises, and cultural diversity. The hunt goes on.

I added one for Sole Survivor and did an alias for last of their kind.

Musician... really surprised this one wasn't in the system given the popularity of recent music/band based shows like K-on and Angel Beats.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel