Concept ideas thread.

Topic started by damswedon on Sept. 20, 2010. Last post by AgentFakku 1 month ago.
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Coming up with concept names and ideas is hard and even if you think you've come up with a new concept it is likely to already exist but with a different name. So this is a place where you can come and throw around your concept ideas before you add them. 
here are a few I have. 
  • Allo Allo syndrome, this is when characters are supposed to be talking multiple different languages but instead are all talking Japanese or English.
  • Anime/ Manga rain, This is special rain that causes the person your in love with to glow.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,645 posts) See mini bio Level 25
I can't say that either of those names really make sense. Also, when have you ever heard a series where people are all speaking different languages to begin with?

The second one I don't have the slightest idea what you are getting at.
Post by Juuhachi (88 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@damswedon said:
Allo Allo syndrome, this is when characters are supposed to be talking multiple different languages but instead are all talking Japanese or English. "
Do you mean like, an anime that for example takes place in Germany, but the characters speak in Japanese because it's a Japanese animation ._.?

I also don't get the second one at all XD
@Juuhachi: Yeah, 'Allo 'Allo was a British sitcom set in a German occupied town in France during World War 2. Because this was a prime-time show everyone had to speak English, so you would have French characters speaking English with French accent. The concept just need a better name.
The second one I might have to collect some evidence to prove it, but hey that's what the thread is for.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,645 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@damswedon: 
Why would that be on Anime Vice? This site is about manga and anime. Not sitcoms. This sounds more suited for Screened.
@FoxxFireArt: Ignore the name, I used Allo Allo as shorthand because it is known thing in the UK, It was loved enough that it and Dad's Army are regularly repeated on the BBC. 
I'll use a Anime example. In the first episode of Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino Jose and Hilshire are talking in a French shop when the owner starts speaking to them. Now we can assume that because the story is set in Italy and this is a private conversation they are talking in Italian. If this is so then why did the French owner reply. 
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I'll suggest... 

Itano Circus: 
  1. Acrobatic choreography of air combat;
  2. MISSILES! MISSILES! MISSILES!
  3. Erratic contrails. SMOKE!
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Just a short list of concepts I have added that few people have worked on if any aside myself and could stand some work 

General Concepts (ones that may apply to any number of undetermined characters/anime/manga) 
Womanizer-apparently not a dupe of lecher so I am still not guilty of adding a dupe as far as I know! (=  
Cannibalism 
Code of Honor 
Genocide 
Super-Human  
Gambler 
Energy Being 
1-Shot Character 
Fanon 
Teenager 
Arson

Series specific concepts I added 
Transformers concepts: 
Predacons 
Maximals 
Vehicon
Dinobots 
Insecticons  
Seacons
Dinoforce 
Breastforce 
Nine Demon Generals 
13 Original Transformers 
Transformer Mini-Cassettes 
EDC 
Heralds of Unicron  
Kiss Players 
Team Prime 
Quintessons 
Seekers 
Beastformers 
Combiner 
Cybertron Elite Guard

Voltron concepts: 
Voltron Force 
Voltron Vehicle Force 
Galaxy Alliance 
Drule 
Robeasts  
Space Mice 

GoBot concepts: 
Renegades 
Guardians  

Inuyasha concepts: 
Band of Seven 

G.I. Joe concepts: 
G.I. Joe  
 COBRA 

I'm sure there are others I forgot about adding by now, but hope knowing these concepts are around helps
Also just going to say it, Rapists and Rape in general are a common anime concept, but personally I wont add this subject as a concept on personal objections. Not to say by any means this should not be discussed as a part of anime, but more so due to the fact I know someone will add some very disturbing images to the concept if it were to be made, ones that some weirdos may view as turn ons, and for that reason I will not have my name attached to this or any form of sexual battery concepts. even if I have a serious contribution to a subject, it's what I know will be done with it later that bugs me.
Post by takashichea (13,235 posts) See mini bio Level 25
What about Netorare,  寝取られ, NTR  (having your lover taken away) or cuckold. I read about it and found a blog that explains it really well.  It is like unrequited love but the person A who love this person B, but person B is cheating on someone or person B is being seduce or rape against their will. It might not be a suitable concept.
It was today that I just saw that word in the comments on a page doujinshi manga and wonder what it means.  It's up for grabs because I don't dirty my hands by creating this concept.
http://chos-ecchi-stash.blogspot.com/2009/11/definition-of-ntr-netorare.html
Edit: Another source while I research it:
 http://www.tsurupeta.info/content/this-loser-is-you-appeal-of-netorare
Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I added one called Big Business a while ago.  It's basically for corporations and businessmen who are either evil or incredibly harsh and coldblooded when dealing with others.  Things like hostile takeovers, trying to force a mom & pops shop out of business, corporations being a front for the bad guys and things like that.  It's got a bunch of aliases so people should be able to get to it under a bunch of searches. 

I made another one for Crude Humor as well.
@EganTheVile1:
 Thanks man for helping me out on some of the concepts.
I guess I put this up, too.
Past Spring Break and this week:
Implied Sex Scene (Only found 3 animes: Fate Stay Night, Abenobashi, Shaman King (manga). Plus Sotyfan16's lead on Highschool of the Dead (it's thanks to him and AgentJ's blog)
Collateral Damage
Silver Eyes
Red Moon  (Can't really find another anime series that has it)
Friendly Fire
Animal Cruelty
Hitchhiker
For Shaman King: Shaman last February.

Note: I have not added Netorare or Cuckold as a concept. I let someone else do it because it's a disturbing concept for me.
@takashichea: 
I can think of an episode of Ikki Tousen where implied sex scene can be associated... Like your new concepts solid expansions to the concept category of the wiki
@EganTheVile1:
Thanks. I am not familiar with Ikki Tousen. Can you add it on the concept page? (when you have free time)
I like to see your work.
@takashichea said:
" @EganTheVile1: Thanks. I am not familiar with Ikki Tousen. Can you add it on the concept page? (when you have free time) I like to see your work. "
No prob I'll add it to the episode that featured an implied lesbian sex scene with Ryofu.
I also associated the animal cruelty concept to an episode of Pokemon where Ash and friends chase off three trainers who were beating a baby Lapras
@EganTheVile1:
Thanks man! I go keep an eye out for your concepts. I remember an old anime that had slavery in it. It's called  " Now and Then, Here and There."  I have to go and rewatch it because my memory is foggy.
@takashichea: Thanks also keep an eye out for anime and manga that the Sumo or Kabuki concepts can be associated to
I added the following for the past 2 weeks:
New ideas:
  • Bulging Biceps
  • Buns and thighs (probably not),
  • Glass Ceiling Effect (Not for sociology but for old men and women who reach their limit in shonen animes),
  • Netorare (see previous posts and I don't like this genre),
  • Leaving the job to the young generations (not sure what to name it) - I see this theme quite frequently (ie: Shaman King, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail) and in history books (ie: Jefferson leaving the controversial topic of slavery to the younger generation to decide).
  • Edit: I forgot "Power up" because there are super saiyans, Ichigo, Natsu, Zatch Bell, and a lot of people who get their power from out of nowhere, resolve, or a lot of factors.
Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I added one for matchmaker. I didn't see something like it on the site but I often see this in romance anime. If anyone can think of other aliases to add for it, please add them.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel