Community Spotlight for the week of 6/10

Topic started by GlenTennis on June 10, 2011. Last post by EganTheVile1 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by GlenTennis (3 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Staff

Community Spotlight

Hello Anime Vice Lunatics, Hope you all have been having a good week. News and other media have been kind of slow, but that's probably because Giant Bomb's incredible coverage of E3 2011 has been taking up a lot of the oxygen. Every night they have been having live podcast that last well into the night. I highly recommend the Day 02 Cover video. If only to try and figure out what that one guy (02:14) has against Ryan Davis.

As far as Anime related stuff, member fire_star is starting a special forum for users to vote for the Vicer of the Month. Be sure to check out his forum post to learn about the rules there. The fat of Tom's Watch & Learn about Soul Eater is up in the air since FUNimation only has four episode up and officially streaming. We also have some trailers posted up by glentennis, such as the laughably bad Tekken Live Action, the anime that looks like Al Gore directed, Symbiotic Planet; and the pretty cool looking Casshern Sin.

Anime Vice Task Initiative: Image Captioning: HERE

Anime Vice Task Initiative: Wiki Style Guide: HERE

Task Queue Theme of the Week: Blog Topics - HERE

Anime/Manga Trailer Suggestions: HERE

Character Format List: HERE

Wonderful Wikis

We have some special wiki shout outs for this week. Last week I told you how AnnaBanana reached over 100K wiki points. During this wee, she's been uploading some really cool profiles photos for many of the major Shonen series. While we're at it, member takashichea also reached over 100K wiki points in this week. These two are just shooting up the top users list.

Blog-o-sphere

• Darker Than Black S2: (Spoiler-Free) Post-Finale Thoughts (by: crackedonyx) HERE
  • Wiki Update: Saeko Busujima Complete!! (by: FoxxFireArt) HERE
  • My Experiences at FanimeCon 2011 (Part One with Cosplay) (by: ShadowKnight508) HERE
  • Naruto Team: The Sannin (by: fire_star) HERE

Remember, if you would like to submit something for the Spotlight. You can send me a PM, but please be sure to add "Spotlight" to the subject line. Even if you have worked on something yourself and are really proud of your work. Get to work, and make more content for the next Spotlight!! Jana!!

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ animevice / @ FoxxFireArt

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Yo. The front page image for the Spotlight looks like the asshole of a living marshmallow. At least you cleaned my palette with a nose bleed scene.

Post by takashichea (13,307 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Congrats everyone!

The links for Annabanana, Takashichea, Fairy Tail ep. 82, Crackedonyx's blog, FoxxFireArt's blog, and ShadowKnight508's blog lead to 404 error pages.

I don't know if it is my computer's fault.

Edit: Fire_Star and Glentennis's links to their page do not work either. The Glentennis's trailers' links do not work, too.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Thanks for the nod on the TF Prime, and much congrats to the juggernaut that is AnnaBanana
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Good job everyone!

@FoxxFireArt
I'm getting 404 Errors for the links.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@takashichea: @sotyfan16: Here is the link for mine (this one works)

My Experiences at FanimeCon (Part One with Cosplay)

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ShadowKnight508
Thanks. I did check it out in your blog when you posted it. I like how everything worked out for you to get your own pictures and work with another photographer.
Post by CrackedOnyx (25 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I'm getting 404s for all the links as well, including mine. 

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that Funimation put the full dub of Soul Eater back online a couple of days ago.  Only noticed because they'd thrown the sub/dub of DTB S1 onto Hulu as well.
Post by takashichea (13,307 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Special thanks to EganTheVile1, Fire_Star, FoxxFireArt, Annabanana, Ethan, Obscurefan, Obsidian609, Piface314, and others who help me on the wiki pages. You guys were the best!

It's been nine months on the Vice since Anna and I reached 100,000 points. It's been rough with school, so I am a bit surprised on getting there to the top.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,646 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@sotyfan16:

That's weird. They work when I tested them before sending. I don't think this was listed in the forums. If it was I could fix them.

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
The links are working fine for me.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,646 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@takashichea: @ShadowKnight508:

This seems to be in the forums now. I was able to go through and repair all the links. No idea why they were messed up before.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@takashichea said:

Special thanks to EganTheVile1, Fire_Star, FoxxFireArt, Annabanana, Ethan, Obscurefan, Obsidian609, Piface314, and others who help me on the wiki pages. You guys were the best!

It's been nine months on the Vice since Anna and I reached 100,000 points. It's been rough with school, so I am a bit surprised on getting there to the top.

Very belated but sincere thank you on this, I was just going through the forums and noticed your kind comment to myself and several other members. I think you do all of us proud by continuing your quality work, and I mean this, it is quality work. Keep it up Takashichea! 
-ETV1
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel