Community Spotlight 6/02/2011

Topic started by GlenTennis on June 3, 2011. Last post by Fire Star 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by GlenTennis (3 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Staff

Community Spotlight

Hello Anime Vice Community, I hope you all had a nice Memorial Day weekend. Normally, these spotlights of the community do pretty good, but that last one got next to no comments. Don't make me pull out the fan service images to get you people talking, because I will do it. It worked before.

Tom started two new Watch & Learn articles. Following fan suggestions, he's now watching series such as Tatami Galaxy and Soul Eater. Still can't believe he's not interested in trying more of Highschool of the Dead, but you should still follow up on his articles. I do sure you noticed that Babs(Sara Lima) of Comic Vine was kind enough to share her fan cosplay images of her trip to the Fanime Convention. You should really show your appreciation in the comments. It seems this was a hit with the Giant Bomb crowd. Ethan pointed out in one of his blogs that they either really love cosplay or they were after something....... else.

Anime Vice Task Initiative: Image Captioning: HERE

Anime Vice Task Initiative: Wiki Style Guide: HERE

Task Queue Theme of the Week: Blog Topics - HERE

Anime/Manga Trailer Suggestions: HERE

Character Format List: HERE

Wonderful Wikis

The wikis are growing nicely, but I want to draw your attention to AnnaBanana for becoming a member of the 100K Wiki points club. When you reach 300K there's a hand shake. In the 500K Club,...let's just say no cameras are allowed for those meetings.

Reviewed Wonders

• Check out Kyreo's review of Spice and Wolf (series) HERE
  • Check out MohsinMan99's review of Digimon Adventure (series) HERE
  • Check out Dream's review of Hell Girl (series) HERE

Blog-o-sphere

• Anime Vice x Giant Bomb- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons RecSpec HERE
  • My Ordinary Life, ep 8: nonsense or subtlety? w/ screens AURON570 HERE
  • Dunce Cap: Somebody's Been Doing the Fooly Cooly! sotyfan16 HERE
  • Wiki Update: HOTD Class Reunion FoxxFireArt HERE
  • One Piece ep 22: For the sake of duty? AURON570 HERE
  • Team Status on Rave Master, Fairy Tail, and Shaman King Projects takashichea HERE
  • Fan made Dr. Who Anime sickVisionz HERE
  • Japonawa 2011: Cosplay Pictures sora_thekey HERE

Remember, if you would like to submit something for the Spotlight. You can send me a PM, but please be sure to add "Spotlight" to the subject line. Even if you have worked on something yourself and are really proud of your work. Get to work, and make more content for the next Spotlight!! Jana!!

Post by takashichea (12,288 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Congratulations to everyone!

Like last week's wikis were High School of the Dead, Fairy Tail, Rave Master, and Shaman King.

I will keep an eye for wiki editors and their best work.

Edit: With help from my sister on the congratulations banner, please enjoy the image. At first, I put the image on the Fairy Tail Recognition blog. I realize I have to put the image here, too. This is for my partner, Anna, Fire_Star, the rest of the Fairy Tail team, and everyone else. Show some love and support!

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Great job everyone ! Keep up the good work all wiki editors ! Remember, we are making Anime Vice more attractive and a more enjoyable place to be !
Post by Dekken (393 posts) See mini bio Level 20
It's great to see all that pages with information and pictures, good job everyone.
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

100k club? why havent i heard of this? I want to get in too!!

Now i gotta work harder

anyway awesome job everybody

Post by AURON570 (570 posts) See mini bio Level 15
man everytime I look at Fairy Tail I think, "wow that looks pretty cool and nice." Then I look at the screens from the latest eps of One Piece, and think, OH MAN I really need to catch up on this series. haha

But seriously, good work to everyone who keeps contributing to the anime vice website in one way or another!
@buhssuht said:

100k club? why havent i heard of this? I want to get in too!!

Now i gotta work harder

anyway awesome job everybody

LOL, get in the line !
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I made it into the Spotlight! Woot!

@sora_thekey
Congrats, your photos were awesome !
Post by takashichea (12,288 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Last week was great for wiki editors and cosplay!

@takashichea said:

Last week was great for wiki editors and cosplay!

Yeah, it was.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel