Changing a character's franchise

Topic started by SuperTiencha on April 11, 2012. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by SuperTiencha (32 posts) See mini bio Level 11

At the top of the character pages it also says "______ is a anime/manga character in the _____ franchise". This becomes a small problem for characters that appear in multiple franchises. An example is:

"Arale Norimaki is a anime/manga character in the Dragon Ball franchise".

When this should be switched to:

"Arale Norimaki is a anime/manga character in the Dr. Slump franchise" because she is the main character to that franchise and it came out first. More to the point, is there a way to switch what franchise it says a character is from like that?

Post by takashichea (13,187 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I'm going to have the same problem with Fairy Tail because the Big Butt Bandits who originally appeared in Rave Master will debut this week's Fairy Tail episode 126. It's going to be an engineering job.

You should also voiced in the Anime Vice's Wiki Editing improvements page, too.

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@SuperTiencha: You can't manually switch it by itself.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Cobra Commander is also in this situation, he is associated as a character from the Transformers franchise because the first anime vice episode page he was associated to was the Transformers episode Only Human, he should be a character in the GI Joe franchise... either way still Hasbro/Takara I guess lol.
Post by YukaTA (273 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Also, Chiyoko Wato is in the Black Jack series, she is the main character in The Three-Eyed One.

Does anyone know how to change if someone is in a manga or not?

@YukaTA:

Do you mean first manga appearances?

Post by YukaTA (273 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@takashichea: Oh, yep!

But also the franchise:

@YukaTA:

It's an engineering problem. The only way I changed it is that you have to readd the character to the anime series or manga series that you want. Pretty much, the last time you add the character to the anime/ or manga series, it'll change.

On the flip side, I try doing this to Gintoki Sakata multiple times. Bossun is a Sket Dan character and Gintoki is a Gintama character. They both appeared in a cross over episode in both series. For some odd reason, I managed to changed Bossun's thing, but not Gintoki.

Changed It
Changed It
Could not Changed It
Could not Changed It

@SuperTiencha:

I think this would solve your problem. You have to keep trying to bypass this engineering problem.

@EganTheVile1:

Same here.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel