Building a Better Wiki: Perfect Profile Portraits! [+ tutorial]

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Aug. 20, 2012. Last post by takashichea 2 weeks, 2 days ago.
Post by takashichea (12,353 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Dekken:

and I work on the project. We decided to make a separate franchise since you have a stand alone title, the manga series as a original source, which spawns two anime sequels.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

So I looked up the Fate/Stay stuff and it's pretty confusing (there are sequels, prequels, and alternate reality versions) but it should all be under one franchise page, not multiple. Pokémon is a much bigger franchise with multiple side-series and alternate stories but there's still only one franchise page.

@Daniel_Newton:

Hate to be off-topic, but I look it up. Pokemon franchise does cover everything. For Fate and Fate Kaleid, they have different, separate Wikipedia profiles. Also, Fate isn't the right franchise. What would you do with Carnival Phantasm? It's the combination of variety of Type-Moon shows: Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai, etc. Going by your example, shouldn't we lump every Type-Moon series under Type-Moon franchise?

Interestingly, I had the same question from a user who wanted the sequel manga of Suzuka, Fuuka, to be in a separate franchise.

On Topic:

I'll fix this later. I was creating lots of profile portraits after no one bumped the blog.

@Daniel_Newton:

I did some thinking. You're right. I wasn't thinking. I was looking at the NARUTO Spin-Off: Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals which was based on Rock Lee's manga. We still put it under Naruto.

When I look at Fate Kaleid, I'm not sure who created the page. It wasn't me since I'm OCD about adding any page I created to my lists of created wiki pages.

I can't delete it. I'll recycle it. Sorry about that.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel