Building a Better Wiki: Perfect Profile Portraits! [+ tutorial]

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Aug. 20, 2012. Last post by takashichea 2 weeks, 6 days ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Added a bunch of manga portraits. We have hundreds of anime portraits but not a lot of manga ones, we should do something about that!

Post by takashichea (12,445 posts) See mini bio Level 25

It's because of text bubbles and sometimes, the characters' faces are crammed into these tiny, itty bity panels or the manga scans are poor quality.

@takashichea: True, but they aren't impossible to find, I think wiki editors just focus on anime more. Artwork, volume coves, chapter covers, and full-page or two-page spreads are often good for portraits.

It would be nice to know what those portraits you posted are from, by the way. I always caption mine.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,938 posts) See mini bio Level 21

All are from Wooser's Hand-To-Mouth Life.

@Bigheart711: I appreciate the effort but most of those portraits aren't really following the guidelines. The idea is to have the face fill the top square of the image like the ones in my previous posts. The girl with the tiara/crown is decent but the others are pretty far off. I realize you may be limited by your source images, of course. For the little guys (the plushy-looking creatures) you can just make square portraits that show the entire body, since they're so small.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,938 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Daniel_Newton: Thanks for the idea about the creatures, but the amount was limited for Yuu, Miho and the creatures that aren't dogs like Wooser. I should be able to fix most of them.

Post by Dekken (402 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Some characters from Air Gear:

Started making portraits from the artwork for the new Fairy Tail anime:

I didn't make much characters this week or last week.

Post by AgentFakku (232 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Eco (Anime Portrait)
Eco (Anime Portrait)

@takashichea:

Thanks bro for doing Eco's. Can you do some of the Dragonar Academy characters and Daimidaler, bro?

@AgentFakku:

I have a lot of work do today. I have to finish a few episode summaries for Foxx's wiki report, the commuity spotlight. Since HULU is only clean source for those two shows, I don't have much images to use due to HULU's horrible image quality along with the option of turning captions not available.

I'll try to get those profile portraits done next week.

Dragonar Academy

Blade & Soul

Nanana's Buried Treasure

Brynhildr in the Darkness

The Irregular at a Magical High School

Fairy Tail

Black Bullet

Chaika - Coffin Princess

Tayu Tayu

Soul Eater Not!

Some ecchi portraits for fun:

Don't forget to post your portaits here and add them to the wiki page guys!

@Daniel_Newton: I've already added some and I will more later. By the way, I noticed there is a gallery for Fate Kaleid and other one for Fate Zero, however do you think it would be better if we create just one gallery for Fate/Stay Night portraits (including prequels and spin-offs)? The Profile Portraits page has a lot of sub-galleries and by combining some one them, maybe we could simplify things a little bit, just a suggestion.

@Dekken: The sub-galleries are supposed to be for each franchise, not series, that's what I originally intended when I set it up (it says so on the wiki page itself) so feel free to combine them.

@Daniel_Newton:

Yeah, I'll try to upload my profile portraits. Just been too busy lately. Got to clean some misplaced images. Here are some shots I did this week.

Don't worry, Daniel. I rearrange the images later.

@Daniel_Newton: There is a franchise page for Fate/Stay Night and other one for Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, so I was a little bit confused, so I wanted to ask just to make sure I was thinking the right way, sorry if it was a redundant question XD.

@Dekken: Oh I see... that makes it a little more complicated. I'll look into it a little later and get back to you.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel