Blog Guidelines: Please don't post meaningless blogs

Topic started by takashichea on Aug. 5, 2011. Last post by Destinyheroknight 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by takashichea (13,307 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Overview

Since I'm not a mod, I like to give the new users of Anime Vice some guidelines before posting their first blog to unlock that achievement quest.

To mods and staff: Please give me permission or approval to this guidelines. Feel free to edit this post.

Sources:

Animevice FAQ - wiki, forums, modsGiant Bomb's Thread 1 and 2

Reasons for adding Giant Bomb's FAQ because they have a nice guide that provides detailed information.

Forum Guidelines:

Look this is a nice community we’ve got here. I don’t think we need a huge rule set other then saying “Be Nice”. It’s the Road House rules, be nice.

• Dont youtube spam the boards.
  • You can link to other sites IF your topic is not spam.
  • No curse words or bad language in Topic Titles.

This is the end of rules on Ethan's Anime Vice FAQ.

Here is some new guidelines.

What elements make a blog a spam topic?

• Barebone Blog - It has a few sentences for introducing a new user. There is a thread for that.

• Image Spam Blog - It only has images.

• News Copy and Paste Thread - A blog that has a copy of the news.

• Ad Spam - A blog that has ads that attempts to sell something.

• Audtion/ Job spam - A blog that asks users to audition or sign up for a job.

• Duplicate Blog of a thread - The user mistakenly posts a blog that is similar to a pre-existing thread on the forums. Use the search engine or google to check if there is no topics.

• Video spam - Posting youtube videos or others without any discussion. (Some go through the loophole and become news.)

Examples of Bad Blogs

• Hi, I love anime.
  • I'm going to do this ___.
  • Rants about status in life. Similar to a facebook status.
  • Suicide notes
  • Hi, I'm new.
  • Guides to using drugs in a recreational way.
  • Look at this.....

Good Blogs Topic

• Asks a meaningful question such as "What Anime I should watch?"
  • RPG Profiles
  • Impressions of an Anime or Manga
  • Blogs that spotlight individuals in the AV community
  • Stats or Wiki Project blogs
  • Commentary on a franchise, anime, manga, or more
  • Blogs about life (Need specific details)

Good Examples

I apologized if I linked your blogs as an example of a bad blog or a good blog.  
Edit: I will edit this post to make it clean since school's computer will not allow Anime Vice's text editor work properly. Sorry, if this post was messy before. I will fix it when I get home.
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

This is okay, but most of what you posted are just common sense. Most people here don't do that.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I think that it is a good start so far. As fire_star stated, this is mainly a list/reminders of common sense and unfortunately, common sense among most AV users is hard to find (the veteren and seasoned users have/use common sense here on AV).

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

One problem with your rules.

Duplicate Blog of a thread - The user mistakenly posts a blog that is similar to a pre-existing thread on the forums. Use the search engine or google to check if there is no topics.

This is acceptable. Blogs can be about preexisting topics that are already being discussed by a community as they often include the user's own take of the situation. This is the whole point of a blog. It would be inappropriate if a user took their opinion about a topic and instead of creating a blog topic about it posts a massive comment in a pre-existing topic. To mandate that seems silly.

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ZombiePie said:

One problem with your rules.

Duplicate Blog of a thread - The user mistakenly posts a blog that is similar to a pre-existing thread on the forums. Use the search engine or google to check if there is no topics.

This is acceptable. Blogs can be about preexisting topics that are already being discussed by a community as they often include the user's own take of the situation. This is the whole point of a blog. It would be inappropriate if a user took their opinion about a topic and instead of creating a blog topic about it posts a massive comment in a pre-existing topic. To mandate that seems silly.

Agreed, I forgot about that. If only one user was allowed to blog about a certain topic would constrict the blogging option far far too much.

@takashichea: Also, in order for you to actually make guidelines you have to go through the Staff, especially since your not a Mod.

@ZombiePie:

I crossed it out.

I think I meant to say blogs that is a duplicate for a preexisting thread.

Example:

A blog that introduces the user, but there is a hi, I'm new and goodbye thread for that purpose.

@Fire Star:

Okay. I understand. Sorry, I won't do this anymore.

You can delete this forum thread if you wish or lock it.

Sorry guys, I have to bump this thread with the recent influx of new Anime Vice users. It's good we have more people visiting Anime Vice, but I feel the rules are not being read or followed.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,342 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I bump this for the newbies

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel