Since I'm not a mod, I like to give the new users of Anime Vice some guidelines before posting their first blog to unlock that achievement quest.
To mods and staff: Please give me permission or approval to this guidelines. Feel free to edit this post.
Reasons for adding Giant Bomb's FAQ because they have a nice guide that provides detailed information.
Look this is a nice community we’ve got here. I don’t think we need a huge rule set other then saying “Be Nice”. It’s the Road House rules, be nice.
- Dont youtube spam the boards.
- You can link to other sites IF your topic is not spam.
- No curse words or bad language in Topic Titles.
This is the end of rules on Ethan's Anime Vice FAQ.
Here is some new guidelines.
What elements make a blog a spam topic?
Barebone Blog - It has a few sentences for introducing a new user. There is a thread for that.
Image Spam Blog - It only has images.
News Copy and Paste Thread - A blog that has a copy of the news.
Ad Spam - A blog that has ads that attempts to sell something.
Audtion/ Job spam - A blog that asks users to audition or sign up for a job.
Duplicate Blog of a thread - The user mistakenly posts a blog that is similar to a pre-existing thread on the forums. Use the search engine or google to check if there is no topics.
Video spam - Posting youtube videos or others without any discussion. (Some go through the loophole and become news.)
Examples of Bad Blogs
- Hi, I love anime.
- I'm going to do this ___.
- Rants about status in life. Similar to a facebook status.
- Suicide notes
- Hi, I'm new.
- Guides to using drugs in a recreational way.
- Look at this.....
Good Blogs Topic
- Asks a meaningful question such as "What Anime I should watch?"
- RPG Profiles
- Impressions of an Anime or Manga
- Blogs that spotlight individuals in the AV community
- Stats or Wiki Project blogs
- Commentary on a franchise, anime, manga, or more
- Blogs about life (Need specific details)