Big Boobs concept (How big is big?)

Topic started by Dekken on June 14, 2012. Last post by Daniel_Newton 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Dekken (371 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

Sometimes I have problems when adding the big boobs concept to a character's page. Some females have breasts that look regular to me, but for others their breasts are big. For example, I think the following characters should not be associated to the big boobs concept:

So my question is, how big do the breasts have to be in order to be considered big?

In Gelbooru they have the following definitions:

• Medium Breasts: Tag of breasts of moderate size. Generally used for breasts hat are larger than the owner's fist, but smaller than the owner's head.
  • Large Breasts: Breasts that are noticeably large, but aren't too out of proportion with the rest of the body, which would be huge breasts. If the breasts are of roughly similar size in comparison to their owner's head, this is the tag to use.
  • Huge breasts: Breasts that are extremely large compared to the character's overall proportions. The preferred rule of thumb is that breasts which are larger than the character's head, but less than twice the size of the head, should be given this tag.

For me, "big boobs" are breasts that are 3/4 the size of the character's head or bigger. Nevertheless some series have characters with unusual big heads, so the proportions are different.

What do you think should be the "rule" for this concept?

Post by takashichea (11,970 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Good question, Dekken! I was wondering that too. For example, Daniel added Big Boobs to Michelle Lobster. I was like "what?" She never appeared in a bikini, so we can't make that decision yet.

You should ask since he is an expert and pretty much owns the Big Boobs concept page.

Edit:

I believe you should add that those definitions on the Big Boobs concept page. We should add measurements, too?

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,215 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Dekken: "3/4 the size of the character's head or bigger" seems perfectly reasonable, so I'd say go with that. I don't think we need strict rules for the page though. If the characters you pointed out don't seem to fit the bill then feel free to remove them, the list of characters on that page is never going to be super accurate anyway so don't worry about it too much.

@takashichea: Here's some official artwork featuring Michelle and Lucy, I think it's pretty clear she just about matches Lucy's size, and Lucy definitely qualifies. Most female characters in Fairy Tail have similarly large proportions, that's why Fairy Tail qualifies as a World of Buxom.

So yeah, just use your own judgement for that page really. We don't need an absolute rule, just be sensible.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

Okay, Daniel. I was just messing with you. I need to transfer that image to the character pages and franchise page. I remember posting a while ago.

Edit:

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@takashichea said:

Those last two seem like fair additions. Big boobs should be bigger than normal imo and something that comes off as unlikely to be natural given the waist and overall size of the character.

Post by Dekken (371 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

@takashichea: Thanks for your answer. I feel unsure about adding those definitions to the big boobs page, you know, the people of Gelbooru might think that we're stealing their information. Also I don't want to add anything related with measurements in the big boobs page, I think it'll make everything more confusing because sometimes girls [from different anime series] have the same bust measurement or cup size but their actual sizes are different, for example:

Both of them, Annelotte and Akao Hiiragi, have a bust measurement of 89cm, but Annelotte looks bustier.

@Daniel_Newton: Thanks for your answer. I'll remove some characters from that list and leave the ones that might be considered as busty.

@Dekken: You're welcome. And yeah, sometimes the art style can effect how characters look, making them appear more or less busty than they would drawn in a different style. That's one of the reasons this sort of thing comes down to our own judgement. If a character is considered busty within a series by other characters, they probably apply for the big boobs concept even though they don't necessarily look like they do.

Online Now

@Dekken: @Daniel_Newton: @sickVisionz:

Okay, I agree with you guys especially not putting down measurements and their definitions. Your measurement lists fulfill that purpose. That is some difference with the measurements and art style. Then again, the cleavage deceives the eyes making it look bigger.

Being a bit off topic, I'll add more girls to the small boobs page if I see them. It's a bit underrepresented. It's like over 100 characters for small boobs while big boob concept page has over 600 characters.

@takashichea: Hang on taka, don't do that. The pettanko page is a completely different concept, it only applies to characters who actually display that characteristic, it's not just about size.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

Okay, I'll go remove some characters. Would Eucliwood, Wendy Marvell, and Maka Albarn count?

Edit:

I read the conditions. Wendy would count. I don't know about Maka. Eucliwood does not display it.

@takashichea: Yeah, always read a page before linking characters to it. Like you said, Wendy counts, she's displayed A-Cup Angst on a number of occasions.

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Not sure if it's right or wrong, but it only enters my head to use the small boobs concept if a character or episode brings focus to the fact that they small breasts. Otherwise, I usually forget that it even exists.

@sickVisionz: No that's right, there are pretty specific uses for that concept detailed on the page, you've got the right idea.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel