AnimeVice Rating System

Topic started by yorro on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by yorro 6 years ago.
Post by yorro (41 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Where is the AnimeVice rating system for none reviewers?

90% of anime is shit, and to avoid people that are gonna watch shit. I suggest we need some kind of rating system.

And some kind of top ten.

Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
That's a problem, because unlike some things, some animes are completely based on tastes. Hence, a top ten wouldn't necessarily be THE Top Ten and ratings will vary on what a certain person would like.
hazelnutman said:
"That's a problem, because unlike some things, some animes are completely based on tastes. Hence, a top ten wouldn't necessarily be THE Top Ten and ratings will vary on what a certain person would like."
That's why we have genres right?.

Anyway It's all the same for games, movies, music, etc.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
yorro said:
"hazelnutman said:
"That's a problem, because unlike some things, some animes are completely based on tastes. Hence, a top ten wouldn't necessarily be THE Top Ten and ratings will vary on what a certain person would like."
That's why we have genres right?.

Anyway It's all the same for games, movies, music, etc."
I don't know, but for me, anime seems harder to really rate than games and movies. Granted, there are ones that are absolute crap, but I find making a real solid rating system hard to do as most of the ratings/lists will be a lot more opinion-oriented.
Formula
Weighted Rank (WR) = (v / (v + m)) * S + (m / (v + m)) * C
S = Average score for the Anime (mean).
v = Number of votes for the Anime = (Number of people scoring the Anime).
m = Minimum votes/scores required to get a calculated score (currently 50 scores required).
C = The mean score across the entire Anime Database.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel