Anime Vice Wiki Style Guide

Topic started by ethan on Jan. 27, 2011. Last post by takashichea 1 month ago.
Post by leofull99 (32 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@ShadowKnight508: @ethan: I received wiki points for thor, even though I didn't receive a pm about it and my work is nowhere to be seen. Why is that?

Post by takashichea (10,616 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@leofull99:

Unfortunately, Ethan is no longer a staff member.

For the work question, your wiki submissions are in pending since you're a new user. When you get over 1,000 points, you can bypass moderations. That's my guess. I'm not sure why you didn't receive a PM from the moderators regarding your wiki submissions.

Post by leofull99 (32 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@takashichea: I just received a notification that the points were for the images I added. My work(thor's powers) have been approved.

Thanks for the help.

Online Now

Please read the wiki style guide, too.

Online Now

Daniel:

DocHaus has written the points of interest section on the Kill la Kill anime series page. I feel like it belongs to the franchise page since it's bare. I formatted dozens of anime series with the same format: overview with licensing, plot, characters, and theme songs. It has been a habit of mine plus I continue to do it for the wiki tasks. I will use Kill la Kill as an example like Attack on Titan. Though, the style guide doesn't have points of interest on the franchise page.

Points of Interest

The Japanese titles of each episode have referenced a 1970's-era Japanese pop song.

Also, the ending theme of Kill la Kill "Gomen ne, Iiko ja Irarenai." (ごめんね、いいコじゃいられない。 Sorry, I'm Done Being a Good Kid.) was discovered to be the theme of a 1985 Japanese TV drama called Sukeban Deka (roughly, "Delinquent Girl" in English), with several scenes shared between the original credits of the show and the ending credits of Kill la Kill, except with Ryuko in place of the other show's protagonist.

I know we have updated the franchise page. Where should we put DocHaus's info?

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I think it should stay on the anime series page, but I think "Points of Interest" is an episode/chapter thing. I would rename that section "Trivia" and I wouldn't link to YouTube videos either since they have a habit of disappearing, resulting in dead links later on. I would change that list into a table with the episode names on the left and the references detailed on the right, with links to Wikipedia pages about those things if possible.

Online Now

Please read the wiki style guide. Here's an example of the Emma manga page, I just formatted for you.

Overview

Written by Kaoru Mori, it ran in the Comic Beam Magazine.

Publishers

• Enterbrain (Japan)
  • CMX Manga (USA)

Publishing History

It was released on August 30, 2002 and ended on April 25, 2008 with a total of 10 volumes. For North America, CMX Manga had acquired license for this series and release the volumes starting on September 20, 2006 and finished on December 8, 2009.

Plot

Emma is the life story of a young servant girl in England.

Notice how I format your page. You talk in present tense whenever you write the story arcs. The only time you speak in past tense is the origin section.

Oh, why are you still working on American cartoons in Anime Vice, You know we have Screened. I haven't deleted the American cartoons yet.

I'll transfer Clay's info.

Post by SMXLR8 (6,827 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

@takashichea: like this? but why

Online Now

@SMXLR8:

Regarding American cartoons, they don't belong here. I was conflicted with the wiki scope here and for Screened. Folks tell me that Screened can cover anime characters. Why should we stop covering Korra and the likes? I keep getting those PMs week after week ever since I started asking that question about our wiki scope.

The answer I can give is that if animated series and comic series are produced by Japanese companies or made in Japan, they belong here. Korra is a rare exception because it was produced by Studio Mir and Pierrot.

Online Now

@takashichea: vine and vice should have similar data bases so please don't get rid of them

Online Now

@SMXLR8:

Comic Vine is no longer our sister site. It's time to cut them out. I learned that Comic Vine had taken up TV shows but for comic book adaptations. Comic Vine is filling the void that Screened and Anime Vice had left. I think I need to be strict because Screened needs Anime Vice's help. Did you see that request from the Screened user asking for folks to help out with adding anime characters? You should really visit Screened. It's a good community with nice forum.

Online Now

@takashichea: but I don't want to make yet another account just for the wikis

Online Now

@SMXLR8:

You should able to use your old account. It's still linked to both sites. Otherwise, I have to denied any submissions to the American cartoon pages.

I'm sorry. I got to do it to help both Screened and Anime Vice.

Online Now

Added Powers & Abilities section. I had proposed to remove all feats, fan calcs, and any information not pertaining to author's notes and anime, manga, and light novel mediums. With the help of Daniel and Dream, they revise the proposal and included a note about video game characters.

It's thanks to them. @Daniel_Newton:

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Online Now

It's recommended to read the wiki style guide before you jump in the wiki pages. Thank you. Let's turn this

to this:

Evolution

Appearance

He wears a dark maroon colored top underneath his purple jacket and black jeans. (fill in your words from your previous work)

Personality

Although Shark seems quite cold at first, he is actually quite friendly. He's secretly popular with the girls. Shark has a strange phobia of onions.

Story Arcs

Arc Name

After Shark lost the duel with Yuma, he joins a gang whose purpose is to steal the most powerful deck. Yuma and Shark work together in a tag team duel against Chills and Scorch. (fill in your works from your previous work).

Which looks much better and organized.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel