About the changes in characters' pages...

Topic started by Dekken on May 6, 2011. Last post by takashichea 3 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Dekken (370 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Originally, if you visited a character page, you could click in the "Anime/Manga" section and view all the anime chapters, ova's, manga books, etc, where the character appeared, but now you can only view the anime/manga series (sometimes OVA's) where the character appeared, in other words, now that section is less specific and less useful.

Maybe it's only a small detail, but it would be great if  the staff could bring that section back to normality.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Regards!!!
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@Dekken:
I don't know who did it specifically, but I just know it's the staff. This is closer to how things are arranged on Comic Vine.

I actually like the new version more that the way it was before. Yeah, seeing every individual episode a character is in can be helpful and informative, but users had a tendency to either just add characters to series in a haphazard manner. I like to add characters in proper order, but not everyone else did.  If you were to look at the appearance list for characters such as Naruto. The list was an absolute mess. It wasn't nearly even in order. For a character that's in nearly 400 episodes and counting. It looks sloppy for things to be out of order.

I've even seen people put a character in an episode or volume that they weren't even in. It's mainly important to know what series the character is in. Readers can go to the actual volumes or episodes to learn more.
Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I'd like to be able to see what episodes a character is in as well. The only way to do it now is to scan each episode one at a time and see if they are in it or not, which is a pain in the butt.

To be fair though, I don't remember the wiki ever being setup where you see what specific episodes a character was in all on one page.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
This was a terrible mistake because you are no longer able to at a glance tell what episode of what series the characters appear in any more, and instead have to troll through the entire series (especially annoying on series that do not have images on episodes and thus are prevented from clicking next/previous) I say go back to the old system, it was so much more helpful as an editor.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@sickVisionz said:

I'd like to be able to see what episodes a character is in as well. The only way to do it now is to scan each episode one at a time and see if they are in it or not, which is a pain in the butt.

To be fair though, I don't remember the wiki ever being setup where you see what specific episodes a character was in all on one page.

It was, you just had to click anime/manga and a list of every credited appearance was there, it did not seem to have any real order to it though
Post by takashichea (11,957 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

I missed that feature. They need to go back and change it to make our lives easier.

I know that that Elfman has not appeared in 63 episodes.
I know that that Elfman has not appeared in 63 episodes.

100% completion on an anime just got harder with this image above.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel