What's your favorite DBZ Saga?

Topic started by DragonBall55 on July 10, 2012. Last post by MarioRedfield 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by DragonBall55 (16 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Mine's the Frieza Saga.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

This should go on the Dragon Ball forum...

Anyways.. I really liked the Saiyan saga... especially Gohan's training.. that was awesome..

In TFS parody Saiyan Saga as well... Nappa is freaken funny. :D

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Moved to the Dragon Ball franchise forum.

The Namek and Frieza sagas are definitely my favourite part of Dragon Ball Z. I believe Toriyama said at one point that Dragon Ball was supposed to end with Frieza's defeat, and I think it shows, all the best stuff happens on Namek in my opinion.

A particular highlight is Vegeta knowing he wasn't powerful enough to take the Ginyu Force and Frieza on by himself, at least at first, and being smart about it. He was sneaky, sly and tactical. Once he becomes a Super Saiyan his arrogance peaks and he thinks he can beat anyone and everyone from that point on. Don't get me wrong, I do like arrogant Vegeta, but tactical Vegeta is my favourite Vegeta.

Post by Sonata (35,383 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The Cell saga for me. It had a very interesting plot all-around with all the time travel stuff. Good character development especially with Gohan growing up before our eyes. Plus it was the only time when all the Z-fighters that werent Saiyans or a Namek did something.
Post by nishi99 (1,690 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Android saga because android 17 is one of my favorite villains in DBZ.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,756 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Saiyan Saga.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Frieza Saga

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Overall probably the Namek Saga, even though my favourite fight in the entire series goes to Piccolo vs 17.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,132 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Namek. Garlic Jr was awesome because Goku wasn't in it. I enjoyed the Pilaf saga. I just love the beginning of Dragon Ball. When Yamcha mattered. Cell saga had it's moments.

Garlic Jr. Saga also reminded me of Dragon Ball before the shit kicked off. Gohan and Krillin doing their adventures like on Namek.

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Cell Saga because Gohan's always been my favorite DBZ character. However, I prefer the original Dragonball series over DBZ. The Red Ribbon Army arc is my favorite from that show. I liked back when there was a lot more silliness and less grimacing. Less guys who could destroy a planet with a word.

@PenguinDust said:

Cell Saga because Gohan's always been my favorite DBZ character. However, I prefer the original Dragonball series over DBZ. The Red Ribbon Army arc is my favorite from that show. I liked back when there was a lot more silliness and less grimacing. Less guys who could destroy a planet with a word.

I like this. And even more so the Gohan part. :D And I agree. I think Dragon Ball is amazing. I would love for them t try their best to bring it back to that. That Goku was awesome. The Z Goku is a pile of shit.

Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

saiyan saga and frieza saga were the best cause they were more dramatic. after that death meant nothing...except for teh bad guys. and it just became more repetitive if only dbz stopped after frieza saga

Post by st0nnec0ld (52 posts) See mini bio Level 7

No one has even mentioned the Buu saga... well, that was my favorite.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

The Cell Saga (counting the android stuff too).

Post by autoexit173 (8 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Depends what medium.

In the manga, the Cell saga consists off all the Android, Imperfect Cell and Perfect Cell sagas. But in the anime those sagas are divided into sub sagas.

In the manga my favourite was Cell saga and in the anime i liked fusion saga.

Post by dbzmeister (45 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Close between the Cell/Namek sagas. I'll probably give it to the Namek mainly due to Vegeta/Krillin and Gohan actually having to play cat and mouse and be tactical to copete with Frieza and the fact that Goku isn't the one who saves the day in the Cell saga. In the end it should always be Goku!!

Post by eddz99 (2,511 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DragonBall55: Buu saga, the way that goku screamed while going ssj3 was badass.. but i hate how they made ssj1 a joke when ssj2 was introduced

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

GT.... naw am just kiddin lol, Saiyan Saga is my favorite! Gohan going to HS was also fun to watch.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,756 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I noticed for me, the younger Gohan is the more I like it

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel