Wh didnt vegeta or piccolo get their moment

Topic started by ktarinze on May 12, 2010. Last post by Newdeath 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by ktarinze (577 posts) See mini bio Level 6
why didnt these characters beat a main villain not alot of side villains but a main one 
if they didnt get one in the series they should of got one in the movies 
have piccolo beat lord slug or a frieza have vegeta beat cell or broly these are just some of the examples i thought should have happened
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
because goku is the main character

formula of shonen enemy

main character is the one who beats main enemy/strongest enemy of that time
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Im sure Vegeta destroyed Android 19 and Piccalo shined in Namek
Post by sickVisionz (4,220 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Piccolo got his butt kicked on Namek.  He had some cool moments but it turned out the bad guy was just toying when him and once he stopped, Piccolo got instapwned.  I think his time to shine was during Dragon Ball and not DBZ. 

Vegeta has a lot of cool fights though.  He's not Goku but he kicks ass all throughout DBZ.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,552 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Piccolo vs Android 17 is one of the best fights in all DBZ
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Kuma_From_Argentina:
ah yeah and that one, i forgot that, i do remember piccalo being able to hold his own against freezas second form i think?
Post by Yoshimitsu (50 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Even if they didn't have that big moment that Goku and Gohan had. They still had lots of cool moments that put them above Goku and Gohan. Better personalities, and just more badass all round. You dont need to defeat the maiin villian to be considered epic.
@Yoshimitsu:
true but thats still weak dbz had alot of villains would you have been mad if lets say piccolo beat lord slug or vegeta beat android 20 or bojak
Post by Yoshimitsu (50 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@ktarinze:  Im not really fussed on whom beats who. Beating someone does not make a character awesome. Vegeta had a hand in defeating the final villain in the series, was the main villain for one arc.
@Yoshimitsu:
i never said they were not awesome characters i just thought they should of had a big moment with all the villains they had in dbz
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,703 posts) See mini bio Level 20
They both had amazing fights, but Vegeta should have killed cell.
Post by Ryokan (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Piccolo fighted equal with C17, and before that, he fighted and almost outsmarted and killed Cell, no mention to the Dr. Gero whom he kicked ass earlier. Eventiually, he was the only one who had a technique able to hurt Radditz. 

Vegeta destroyed C19, but his "ego trip" prevent him to destroy Cell when he could. 
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Vegeta had a lot of moments, even more than any other character than Goku I believe. Giving any more moments would make him the main character.  

Piccolo on the other hand was kind of neglected. Although I may be a little biased on it since he is my favorite character I believe he wasn't used properly in Dragon Ball Z although to me he was fine during the Saiyan and Namek Saga. Yamcha and Krillin seriously needed more screen-time on Dragon Ball Z.  

ND
Post by Manami (1,474 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Piccolo was nonexistent in the Buu saga, all he did was lead Super Buu around Kami's looks out. That was all Piccolo did against him lame.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Manami: Piccolo became a babysitter during the Buu Saga...

ND
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel