Brian Drummond vs Chris Sabat

Topic started by hitsusatsu11 on June 28, 2010. Last post by MarioRedfield 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,732 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Who does Vegeta better?  

Brian Drummond-Ocean Studios 
Chris Sabat-Funimation 

Drummond and Sabat "My Wrath" 

Sabat speaks first, then Drummond^^ 

Over 9000 

Drummond 

Sabat

Final Flash comparison, Drummond speaks first than Sabat

I think its clear Drummond wins this. 
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
drummond. Spite thread IMO. XD
@rein: Yes it is spite 

I have compiled Sabats fail voice lines 

@hitsusatsu11: LOL. Did Someone on youtube act up or something?
@rein: I made that vid compiling his worst performances 
@hitsusatsu11: No, I meant did you do this because someone said sabat is better then Drum?
@rein: Oh, no not particularly. 
Ya this is a drummond stomp.
Post by RadiantTheLight (733 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I like Funimation far more than Ocean version, Funimation got awesome soundtracks. About Vegeta's voice... I dont know, they're both good.

Post by Sonata (35,228 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" Ya this is a drummond stomp. "
Yes it is, but Funi did an all round better job IMO.
@Sonata: Na, Sean is pretty good as Goku but thats it. 

Funni Picolo, Yamacha, Ten, Krilen, ect. all suck. 
Post by KaiokenKid (67 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Geez, am i the only one that liked Sabat more all around? Sure, Drummond had the better over 9,000 and my wrath, but the final flash one wasnt as good as Sabats IMO. Sabat sounded more grown up then Drummond did, who sounded kinda weasely. Anyway, both are great, but Sabat will always be my Vegeta voice. Also, this is not a Spite thread because Drummond is not the clear winner. Anyway, other then Drummond, the guy who played krillian and maybe the guy who played Goku Ocean Dub sucks. So no, its not clear and I personally think tis the opposite overall.
  I think Drummond has the better final flash
@hitsusatsu11:

I dont know, maybe I just cant get used to Drummond after listening to Sabat for so long. Keep in mind i only had to listen to drummond for the first season or so because I watched Toonami the get my DBZ fix originaly. That means drummond was only Vegeta for a very short time. But after listening to the bits of drummond that sabat did, IMO I still think Vegeta Sabat soundsthe most... natural to the character. A tough sounding bad ass. Drummond sounds creepy, which I guess works also, but I dont know, my heart belongs to the Sabat version I guess.

Honestly, both VOs did different things with the character. adn both did great jobs at conveying the character in their own way. So really, both are good and I wouldnt really argue that much. Drummond is quite good.
Post by deeztreezeez (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Listen, Heres the thing... all you new jack teenz that started watching dbz in the 2000's when IT REALLY BLEW UP started out watching it with the Funimation dub. I started watching DBZ in the early 90's with the ORIGINAL OCEAN DUB aka THE BETTER DUB.  LIsten, Brian Drummond not only made this series that much better but I'll go as far to say that ALL the voice acting was better AND the soundtrack. Forget about the violence that was edited out the ocean dub was and is the best DBZ you can get. Chris Sabat SUCKS. Eat a dick sabat fans!
@deeztreezeez: Amen.
@hitsusatsu11 said:
"  I think Drummond has the better final flash
"

Second one is obviously better, the soundtrack is epic.  Funimation Dub has the best Final Flash, best Father and Son Kamehameha, best SSJ2 Gohan tranforming, best SSJ1 Vegeta first time, best SSJ3 Goku and best Spirit Bomb Triumphant
@RadiantTheLight: Second one kinda sounds british. 
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @RadiantTheLight: Second one kinda sounds british.  "

Huh... no... And I was talking about the soundtrack, for the voice it could go either way, it would be fine to me.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel