Trailer - Dragon Ball Z for Kinect

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on April 17, 2012. Last post by sotyfan16 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

After only just announcing it's existence a few days ago, Namco Bandai has released the first trailer for Dragon Ball Z for Kinect. Were you one of those kids in the playground at school who "played" Dragon Ball Z with their friends? Pretending to fire Kamehamehas at each other? Well now you no longer have to look like an idiot in front of your peers, you can do it in front of your TV at home... and earn achievements for it.

You know what? If this game came out back when I was a kid firing Kamehamehas at my friends, I would have been all over it.

Dragon Ball Z for Kinect is being developed by Spike Chunsoft and will be published in North America and Europe by Namco Bandai Games in October 2012 for Xbox 360. Are you interested in picking it up?

Daniel Newton is a moderator for Anime Vice and Screened. Follow him on twitter: @Daniel_Newton and @AnimeVicers

Other posts: Featured Figures #02 Dragon Ball Z Kinect Game AnnouncedOreimo Season 2 Announced!

Post by Petiew (244 posts) See mini bio Level 14

It looks pretty bad to be honest, much more interested in the localisation of the One Piece game.

Post by Sonata (35,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20
That kid who thought he was a super saiyan should have done this commercial. He would definitely get some sales for the game with his intensity.XD

@Sonata said:

That kid who thought he was a super saiyan should have done this commercial. He would definitely get some sales for the game with his intensity.XD

That would have made this trailer waaaaay better.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,340 posts) See mini bio Level 20

The trailer couldn't have been much worse and I agree I would have ate this up 10 years ago. Bad job on the narrator guy to pronounce "Saiyan" wrong. That could lose sales-though I don't expect it to sell all that much anyway.

I really wish the graphics were better and the gameplay included voice command (ex. yelling louder for the Kamehameha instead of punching).

I basically repeated what many GB users said but I didn't comment there and I agree with their comments.

@sotyfan16 said:

The trailer couldn't have been much worse and I agree I would have ate this up 10 years ago. Bad job on the narrator guy to pronounce "Saiyan" wrong. That could lose sales-though I don't expect it to sell all that much anyway.

I really wish the graphics were better and the gameplay included voice command (ex. yelling louder for the Kamehameha instead of punching).

I basically repeated what many GB users said but I didn't comment there and I agree with their comments.

I have no idea what's going on with the graphics, at first I thought they were pulled from Raging Blast 2, but I looked that up and that game looks much nicer. Strange.

I'm pretty sure if this game had voice command it would drive parents insane. Punching to make a kamehameha stronger looks real dumb, but in the long run it may have been the best choice.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,340 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Daniel_Newton:

Voice command should be a free add-on or an option that can be turned on. If such was the case I'd rent the game and borrow a 360 so I can feel like a kid again for a few hours while screaming at the TV.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel