E3 Check-In: Three New Dragon Ball Games to Be Released in America

Topic started by GodLen on June 4, 2009. Last post by Axersia 5 years, 1 month ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Bandai Namco Games this E3 just dropped a spirit bomb on my expectations. They announced three new Dragon Ball titles to be released this fall in America. They are as follows:

Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.

This is an old school turn-based RPG for the Nintendo DS. As you might have guessed, it takes place during the first story arc of Dragon Ball Z, from the beginning of the show to Vegeta’s defeat. Do not fret yet, this game will discover different never-before-seen storylines of the Dragon Ball universe as well.

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast is a fighting game for both the Xbox 360, and Playstation 3. This game is being developed by SPIKE, and will feature completely destructible environments and high definition Saiyan hair. This game will have over 70 characters (with transformations) from the entire Dragon Ball franchise. This sounds like a new Dragon Ball Tenkaichi game, but for this generation of game consoles.

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo is a side scrolling adventure game for the Nintendo Wii. This game will start during the Red Ribbon arc,  and go all the way to the end of the original Dragon Ball storyline. If that wasn't good enough, it  will also have some pseudo RPG elements to it, like purchasing power-ups and the like.

For those of you who love Dragon Ball, which game will you be getting? I’m definitely interested in the Dragon Ball Z RPG, since it has been forever since they released one in English. Thank you Bandai Namco!

Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
ill be lucky if even one of these makes it to the UK, i need to move to the US
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Dude I'm so want these.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I'll at least rent all three
Post by Sonata (35,164 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The RPG looks very interesting, Raging Blast......meh same thing the last few years IMO. They put in a Build mode in he fighting game like they did in DBGT Final Bout.
Post by Axersia (228 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I'll be picking up the RPG and probably the 2.5D sidescroller as well, but I really don't need another DBZ fighter. They should explore different genres more. I think an open-world DBZ game in the vein of inFamous would be pretty awesome.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel