Regarding Super Saiyan 4

Topic started by Acura_Max on Feb. 21, 2013. Last post by shenlong 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

As we all know Super Saiyan 4 does not appear until Dragon Ball GT. However, SaiyanIsland and Crunchyroll have found evidence that could hint that the true form of a Saiyan beyond Super Saiyan 3 is a "Super Saiyan God." Here is an article from Saiyan Island:

New scans of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods have been released! The scan with Goku and Bils clashing (which is is the standard promotional image for the movie) teases something beyond a Super Saiyan 3 – a Super Saiyan God!
What exactly is a Super Saiyan God? A legend among legends. The Saiyans are the strongest warriors in the universe and the individual who holds a certain legend is the one known as Super Saiyan God. The scan mentions the form and the power of the Super Saiyan God will be revealed in the movie.
The scan with the Prophecy Fish mentions 39 years ago it foretold the appearance of the Saiyan God to Bils. It’s one of the reasons that led to Bils awakening from his slumber when he did.
Just as a note: Super Saiyan 4 was part of Dragon Ball GT, which was not done by the original creator of the Dragon Ball series (Akira Toriyama). The true level above Super Saiyan 3 is a Super Saiyan God.

If you look at this soundtrack to the movie you will also notice that tracks No. 31 and 32 are titled "Super Saiyan God is Born" and "Super Saiyan God’s Power." Curiously enough the tracks come after another track called "Super Saiyan 3's power," which is the 10th track in the list. If this is true it might mean that GT was never canon, if you ever thought it was canon in the first place. At the same time, it might not mean anything at all and it could just be a fusion or something. We won't really know until the movie is released, but that does not mean we can't speculate!

Crunchyroll Article

Saiyan Island Article

Post by Sonata (35,097 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Acura_Max: Sounds awesome, I think it may be a fusion. I won't complain if its not though:P
Post by Petiew (244 posts) See mini bio Level 14
The Dragonall MMO is generally thought of as the canon follow-up from Z anyway, as Toriyama had a large part in creating the story. The whole thing acts as if GT never happened. The movie is just more evidence really.
Post by nishi99 (1,562 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now

Can't wait for them to show this God mode Goku or Gogeta it just seems we're getting a lot out of this movie so far for starters.

1 Prove that GT is not canon and that it can't compare to DBZ.

2 Vegeta finally goes SSJ3.

3 SSJ3 Gogeta.

4 The introduction of gods in the DBZ universe.

5 A true godlike legendary super saiyan.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Sounds... interesting. Maybe this is Toriyama finally making Goku the one "true" Super Saiyan, as he was likely originally intended.

@nishi99 said:

2 Vegeta finally goes SSJ3.

3 SSJ3 Gogeta.

Wait, what? I haven't seen any of that confirmed anywhere. Is this stuff you're just hoping to see?

Post by nishi99 (1,562 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now

@Daniel_Newton: It hasn't been 100% confirmed yet but i think its safe to assume since GT will not be canon and the rumours here and there that Vegeta will go SSJ3 which should mean SSJ3 Gogeta. As for Goku yeah maybe this means he is the true super saiyan or we're just going to learn about the original super saiyans which i hope for since the movies about Broly and the new movie about Bardock didn't do it for me.

Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

cool, cant wait

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@nishi99: @Daniel_Newton: Would that mean Toriyama follows DB Multiverse and thinks SSJ3 Gogeta would be more powerful then SSJ3 Vegito? lol

Post by GrayWolf2 (292 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Further proof that there is a god and He thought that GT was crap too. This is great in that it is killing any thought that GT was canon. It also helps explain some of the movie like how could Goku take on someone like Bills. Answer: A new power-up! Can't wait to see what Goku can do when he's in this form.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Online Now

Imagine in the out of nowhere Broly shows up and save the Z fighters then kills the gods and proceeds to kill the Z fighters he saved 10 seconds ago... lol that would be funny.

Post by charlielavender1 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4

i think instead of over analysing the z/gt link in the movie and how its a possible gt cannon killer. i think it could simply be a case of a super sayin 3.5

its great to see a new transformation but it begs the question. how?

there has always been a special method required for on of the z fighters to go to the next level, freiza killing krillen, vegeta accepting his fate and finnally letting go, the destruction of android 16 for gohan, so i would guess that bils and his god powers has some sort of role to play in gokus transformation. maybe goku somehow absorbs a part of his power to transform or it is unlocked by that pther dude with bills, i dunno but that would be my first guess. also its funny how the 3.5 looks exactly like 4 but just different colours. i think this is done to keep in toe with the cannon and movies if you remember gokus 0.5 ssj against lord slug. am i chatting bs or does this actually make sence let me know thanks

@charlielavender1 said:

i think instead of over analysing the z/gt link in the movie and how its a possible gt cannon killer. i think it could simply be a case of a super sayin 3.5

Possible, but not very likely. All you have to do is look at the transformation progression: Super Saiyan --> Super Saiyan 2 --> Super Saiyan 3 --> Super Saiyan God --> Super Saiyan 4... "Super Saiyan 4" sounds like a bit of a downgrade after achieving Godly status, don't you think? If any of the forms should be the ultimate, final form, it should be the one with the word "God" in it.

To me, this leaves only two reasonable explanations. Either, it's the way most of us think it is; this movie invalidates Dragon Ball GT with the new God form taking the place of Super Saiyan 4. Or, Goku only temporarily achieves this new form and loses it by the end of the movie, which would mean GT could still be considered a sequel. I believe the former is the most likely, but we'll have to wait until the movie comes out to know for sure.

also its funny how the 3.5 looks exactly like 4 but just different colours.

No images of the God form have been released yet, if you think you've seen one, it's fake.

Post by Petiew (244 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Daniel_Newton said:

No images of the God form have been released yet, if you think you've seen one, it's fake.

There're some pretty popular supposed spoilers floating around. They seem so in-depth and ridiculous that I'm not sure whether to believe them or not.

@Petiew said:

@Daniel_Newton said:

There're some pretty popular supposed spoilers floating around. They seem so in-depth and ridiculous that I'm not sure whether to believe them or not.

I think I'll try to avoid in-depth spoilers, as temping as it may be to read them...

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

A poster and trailer detailing the first fight scene of the movie has been released on crunchyroll.com. Cruncyroll even claims that the poster offers an early look at the new "Super Saiyan god" form. If this is the Saiyan god form, it certainly is not what I was expecting, and it looks kind of plain.

Post by Sonata (35,097 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Bills as expected looks like beast. XD
Post by shenlong (117 posts) See mini bio Level 7

In case you guys haven't heard, Super Saiyan God is the true fourth transformation of Super Saiyan, which is achieved with the power of 6 pure hearted saiyans. There is no Vegeto or Gogeta in the film, and no SS Gohan, but there is Ultimate Gohan aka Mystic Gohan. Also, Wiss is Bills's master, who is stronger than him. The main DB story is revealed to occur in universe 7, which is one of 12 universes. Bills and Wiss are the gods of destruction and creation, respectively, of the 7th universe.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel