Crunchyroll is...Also Simulcasting Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao?

Topic started by gia on April 2, 2010. Last post by John_Martone 4 years, 5 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Hmm...I'm  seeing double.
 Hmm...I'm  seeing double.
Surprise! Crunchyroll made a few changes to their lineup page-- only one show will be announced today, rather than three, and they've already made today's announcement. It's Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou-- which you may recall is also being simulcast at The Anime Network this season.

It should be very interesting to compare and contrast the benefits of each setup. On the one hand, The Anime Network's simulcast should be available even to non-paying users, so even if you don't subscribe you won't have to wait a week. But I'll bet that Crunchyroll's stream for paid users will have a higher-quality stream (since they offer 720p). But will they use the same translations? 

Very interesting. Very interesting indeed...    
Post by metalsnakezero (673 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Not like I'm watching this. Pretty nice joke btw.
Post by Oneeyedjacks (46 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Also the Anime Networks player is only available to North American users while Crunchyroll's player is available to those in some parts of Europe and Asia.  
Post by CrazyCanuck (169 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Great news but I wish CR filled seconed spot with something else and let AN have it.  Compition can be a good thing!
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@CrazyCanuck said:
" Great news but I wish CR filled seconed spot with something else and let AN have it.  Compition can be a good thing! "
I agree, though the annoying part is just that I was actually looking forward to three releases, but sometime this morning they changed it to one and then made that single release something we already had.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel