Report plagiarism here

Topic started by orz on Dec. 8, 2008. Last post by takashichea 5 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Kurohige: 
Well, like my blog post said, I got fed up with finding it all over the kinds of topics I like to search.... notice a relation between that list and my interests? :)
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Dear god. This is going to take a while. 
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Batch of discovered plaigerized character articles numero dos:

Kuzuki Soichirou (I think it's supposed to be spelled Souichirou) : ripped from here
Rider : ripped from here
Caster (HEADS UP: I think someone else legitimately wrote the first half or so, but if you open this other link  you'll probably be able to tell where someone just did a pure copy): ripped from here
Gilgamesh : ripped from here
Lancer : ripped from here
Arihiko Inui : ripped from here

Sometimes I wish I could just draw on the pages with red ink or at least have a built in "Flag this page for possible plagiarism" button (maybe even have a tool in it that asks you to enter a URL and/or highlight the part of the article in question)...

And that's only the Type Moon characters...
Post by Sonata (34,991 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Found some plagiarism on the Rushuna Tendo page.
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Kanokon both series and franchise pages. 
Hayate Combat Butler
Post by Whiskeyjack (111 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Eden of the East description/summary is identical to the first paragraph on Wikipedia here.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Othello Farrell's entire biography is copied from this page discovered this while trying to find images of the characters
Post by Digifiend (29 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@EganTheVile1: Send a message to the moderators.
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14
whats plagiarism mean again?
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Shini said:
"    .hack//Sign page is literally copied word for word from the Wikipedia page. It even has the "Donate to Wikipedia" thing at the top...

Edit: Everything  is copied. They didn't even bother to clean it up.
Edit # 2: Actually, I'm pretty sure everything this person has done has been copied from somewhere else.
"
WHAT >:( not .hack!!!! damn you
Post by Aarionf (32 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Plagerising is a bad thing.
Post by Fire Star (3,728 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Aarionf said:
Plagerising is a bad thing.

It is, but please remember this isn't a thread to voice your opinions on plagiarism, but to report it if you find it.
Post by takashichea (8,824 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I'll report this one.

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi anime page's plot overview plagiarized from animenewsnetwork . It's not the side stories which I wrote.

Post by sickVisionz (4,145 posts) See mini bio Level 24

A while back someone wrote a pretty nasty letter accusing someone of plagiarism and it turned out the "word for word copy" was a Google hit pointing to the AnimeVice page being question. Before posting in here, make sure there is legitimate merit to your claim. Also, a match on pronouns specific to a series does not equal plagiarism. For example, a match on the terms Hollowfication and Zanpakuto (if you don't know, these are official made up words specific to Bleach) to another site doesn't necessarily mean that someone plagiarized content from that site.

All of this may sound obvious but we've had reports on plagiarism that fell into these two categories before.

Post by takashichea (8,824 posts) See mini bio Level 25

If you want to report plagiarism, go here . I'll take a look at the Sharingan wiki page. If I do find it, I just rewrite or delete some parts or all of it. I dropped Naruto a long time ago. I'm not up to date with some things. I just leave them blank for the experts.

Edit:

I checked the Sharingan page. It's not plagiarized. I still remember you plagiarized Whis page and I rejected your submission.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel