Report plagiarism here

Topic started by orz on Dec. 8, 2008. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Oh wow. I'll be clearing some of that user's stuff right now... I'll have to go give a warning too. Thanks for the heads up Shini! =)
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@RedRoses: I think that almost all the submission for "maria137b" is taking for other site.
Yeah I'm reviewing a lot of them and they seem to all be copy-pasted. I take random snippets from various articles she has edited here and they're from Naruto wiki and stuff... I'll slowly (but eventually) go through each of her entries. I've only gotten through a handful and when I have more time, I'll delete other entries.
More copy & paste for Wiki Kakashi Hatake
again by "Maria137b"
Post by Sonata (35,696 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I think she did that to every Naruto character
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I have a related question: are the points from the people that plagiarize taken away? Or reset to 0?
@jlrm01: all the Wiki entries are all from plagiarize. So yea, if you can taking back to zero that will help. I think RedRose can back me up on this one, since she remove all previous entries.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
jlrm01 said:
I have a related question: are the points from the people that plagiarize taken away? Or reset to 0? [more]
Currently no but Ethan is working on a new system that may feature this.
I'm using this as a placeholder list for me to do things later. Will deal with soon.

Okay what I've looked through so far:
Kaname Chidori - I looked through and deleted the paragraphs. I will warn the user about plagiarism soon.

Edit: Moved to do list into first post.

Also to the issue about point removal from a month ago, we have no power to remove points at the moment. I believe CV mods had the power but I don't think they do anymore.
Post by CapeBarnes (509 posts) See mini bio Level 18
As I was reading the MD Geist page, I noticed that the paragraphs were taken straight out of the "Anime Encyclopedia" book that I read a while ago. No citation or credit is given on the page. Link:
http://www.animevice.com/md-geist/13-614/
Duly noted. Thanks! :)

I think I'll make my to-do list be in the first post. It seems more effective that way. *goes to edit*
Post by CapeBarnes (509 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I just noticed the Leda page, and I believe that the paragraph in there is also plagiarized from "Anime Encyclopedia" with no credit or citation.
Link:  http://www.animevice.com/leda-fantastic-adventures-of-yoko/13-533/
On a side note, I don't think "Fantastic Adventures of Yoko" is correct for it. IIRC, it should go like this:
"Leda - The Fantastic Adventure Of Yohko" (My source for that is here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2133
That is all.
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
The Leda page is what I call a "skeleton page" (a page that exists, but no one has points). Previous to your 1 point edit, the article was there already but no one had any points in it. So, I guess, the article was entered directly into the database, bypassing the point system altogether. (No regular user did that). I could swear Gia said that they used a certain source for pre-populating the database (with permission). I don't remember what it was... (I hope it isn't my imagination... ^_^;)
Post by Kelleth (7,798 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I deleted the whole text on the Sakura Hurano, Hinata Hyuga and Neji Hyuga pages. The Sakura page was copied from wikipia and the Hyuga pages where copied from Narutopedia.
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I did mention about the Naruto pages awhile back and needing some help working on them!
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7

i dont get it wat are people doing
Post by Kelleth (7,798 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@FLCL1 said:
" i dont get it wat are people doing "
this is for the wiki the other is for the rpgs don`t post if you don`t get it
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
All the pages related to La Corda D'Oro need to be fixed because of plagiarism.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I'd say just about every single Type Moon character, but there are enough exceptions, so I'll just list the ones I've come across personally instead:

In no particular order:
Akiha Tohno : ripped from here
Shiki Tohno : ripped from here
Kirei Kotomine : ripped from here
Kiritsugu Emiya : ripped from here
Sion Eltnam Atlasia : ripped from here
Ciel : ripped from here
Michael Roa Valdamjong : ripped from here
Arcueid Brunestud : ripped from here
Kohaku : ripped from here
Hisui : ripped from here
Nrvnqsr Chaos : ripped from here
Satsuki Yumizuka : ripped from here
Aoko Aozaki : ripped from here
Touko Aozaki : ripped from here
Shiki Ryougi : ripped from here
Azaka Kokuto (which is misspelled btw, it should be Kokutou) : ripped from here
Fujino Asagami : ripped from here
Lio Shirazumi : ripped from here

(there's tons more I'm sure too, I'm just tired of trying to find them all is all)

and the real kicker that ticked me off the most, was the article on Mystic Eyes of Death Perception which not only erased my article I wrote here for it, but was ripped from the very wiki article I originally wrote on another site! (I didn't write any of the other wikia articles up on the list, but it surprised me when I found this one... talk about irony)
Post by Kurohige (3,756 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@HeeroYuy said:
" I'd say just about every single Type Moon character, but there are enough exceptions, so I'll just list the ones I've come across personally instead:

In no particular order:
Akiha Tohno : ripped from here
Shiki Tohno : ripped from here
Kirei Kotomine : ripped from here
Kiritsugu Emiya : ripped from here
Sion Eltnam Atlasia : ripped from here
Ciel : ripped from here
Michael Roa Valdamjong : ripped from here
Arcueid Brunestud : ripped from here
Kohaku : ripped from here
Hisui : ripped from here
Nrvnqsr Chaos : ripped from here
Satsuki Yumizuka : ripped from here
Aoko Aozaki : ripped from here
Touko Aozaki : ripped from here
Shiki Ryougi : ripped from here
Azaka Kokuto (which is misspelled btw, it should be Kokutou) : ripped from here
Fujino Asagami : ripped from here
Lio Shirazumi : ripped from here

(there's tons more I'm sure too, I'm just tired of trying to find them all is all)

and the real kicker that ticked me off the most, was the article on Mystic Eyes of Death Perception which not only erased my article I wrote here for it, but was ripped from the very wiki article I originally wrote on another site! (I didn't write any of the other wikia articles up on the list, but it surprised me when I found this one... talk about irony) "
You're rather on top of this subject lately.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel