Report plagiarism here

Topic started by orz on Dec. 8, 2008. Last post by takashichea 6 months ago.
Post by orz (114 posts) See mini bio Level 7

To help avoid having plagiarism threads popping up everywhere, all plagiarized material should be reported here and a moderator will handle the rest.
Post the link to the AV page that was plagiarized along with the link to wherever it was plagiarized from.
Remember, plagiarism is not acceptable even if you did write the original article for wikipedia. To review a lesson on plagiarism, wiki mod Lan has made this blog post about it. We suggest you read it.

Note to other wiki mods: Feel free to go through the list. This isn't my own personal list or anything; it's for whoever wants to work on it.

Last Update Details

Edited by: Lan
Last Update Date: 7/28/09

To Do List:

1. Dragon Ball's franchise page.
  2. Look through all of the Naruto characters' pages. ALL of the done ones seem suspicious.
  3. MD Geist - paragraphs from "Anime Encyclopedia" without credit/citations.
  4. Hell Girl Mitsuganae 
  5. La Corda d'Oro ~secondo passo~

Naruto characters to deal with so far:
  • Naruto Uzumaki
  • Sasuke Uchiha
  • Sakura Haruno
  • Tsunade Koichi
  • Kakashi Hatake
  • Jiraiya - The parts without the links are fine, gotta fix the ones with the links.
  • Shikamaru Nara
  • Ino Yamanaka
  • Hinata Hyuga
  • Asuma Sarutobi
  • Kushina Uzumaki
  • Yuuhi Kurenai
Ones not checked yet but will (guess and check, some seem fine but will do fine tooth comb through):
  • Rock Lee
  • Choji Akimichi
  • Gaara
  • Shino Aburame
  • Kiba
Post by nevergiveup (199 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I find it funny that people are doing this...
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
It doesn't take that long to write an article... welp unless you suck at writing.

At the very least, people should at least paraphrase but that should be frowned upon too.
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
yup that is dissappointing
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
http://www.animevice.com/pokedex/21-64/

The page has two lines about the pokedex and then is just a large list of pokemon that are on the pokedex and if you click the link it takes you to the Wiki page for each pokemon and not the wiki pages on this site its a small wiki site. Surley this page sould just be about the Pokedex as an item and says it list pokemon from each series reather then this is a pokedex and here are the characters with a link to another site, Did not know were to put this so i stuck it in here.
Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I didnt feel Like copying all those pokemon down since it would give me the same amount of Points, however The pokemon are in cooperation with the Pokedex because without them there isnt a need for it.
Yes ture but that is what the character pages are for. This is like me listing a bunch of members of hellsing who stayed in the hellsing manor cause it would not be the hellsing Manor without them. An object is an object as for the pokedex is an item that stores data about the pokemon not the actually pokemon itself. At the bottom of each character page you can add a location or an object this is where you would add the Pokedex to not the other way round.
Post by orz (114 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Little_Sparrow said:
"Yes ture but that is what the character pages are for. This is like me listing a bunch of members of hellsing who stayed in the hellsing manor cause it would not be the hellsing Manor without them. An object is an object as for the pokedex is an item that stores data about the pokemon not the actually pokemon itself. At the bottom of each character page you can add a location or an object this is where you would add the Pokedex to not the other way round."
correct. It would essentially have every pokemon there is unless there are some that isn't in the pokedex, in that case it'd be better to list the ones that aren't on it and why they aren't on it.
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
(I hope I'm still supposed to report things here... sorry if I was supposed to contact a mod directly ^_^;)

Kaname Chidori's page seems to be copied from her page in Wikipedia (Overview, first 3 paragraphs). I actually noticed that while checking her page at MyAnimeList, which only has those paragraphs.
jlrm01 said:
"(I hope I'm still supposed to report things here... sorry if I was supposed to contact a mod directly ^_^;)

Kaname Chidori's page seems to be copied from her page in Wikipedia (Overview, first 3 paragraphs). I actually noticed that while checking her page at MyAnimeList, which only has those paragraphs.
"
Will go have a look and talk to who ever made the page, thanks J01
The pages will be delt with and the user who plagarised has  been given a warning, thanks for letting us know guys.
Post by Raiku (64 posts) See mini bio Level 10
personally im freak since I transferred over one of the anime articles i wrote on comicvine to animevice by a suggestion of Aztek when i finshed transferring i then  built on it and expanded it on animevice i figured since i wrote it wasnt plagerizing now im AFRAID of getting the page deleted since i really worked hard on it.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Raiku said:
"personally im freak since I transferred over one of the anime articles i wrote on comicvine to animevice by a suggestion of Aztek when i finshed transferring i then  built on it and expanded it on animevice i figured since i wrote it wasnt plagerizing now im AFRAID of getting the page deleted since i really worked hard on it."
If you wrote something on CV or GB, it's perfectly fine to have it here (we don't mind keeping it in the family). If we figure out that you are plagiarizing someone else's work on those sites, that's when you get in trouble. Since you wrote the original articles on CV then it should be perfectly fine.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
BY THE WAY:

There is only one case in which we allow copy-pasted plagiarized content -- on the Manga book or Anime episode page -- it is OK to put in the company's official description of the content.
Ryuuma's page info seems to be the same, word for word, as this page at the One Piece wikia. Look at the Backstory section here and the History section on that page, for example. The Abilities & Powers section is at the bottom here, but appears near the top at wikia's article.
Thanks Jirmo1 will have a look into it.

the user who copied this page has now been site banned, they had repeatedly broke the Wiki rules, we had been watching him but we missed this one, Thanks Jirm.

The information on Dragon Ball's franchise page seems to be a combination of other pages from the Dragon Ball wikia.com wiki, including these: Dragonball manga, Dragonball Z, Vegeta Saga, Frieza Saga, and probably others. ^_^;
Will look into it when I wake up, thanks again Jirm01
Post by Catastro (60 posts) See mini bio Level 10
   .hack//Sign page is literally copied word for word from the Wikipedia page. It even has the "Donate to Wikipedia" thing at the top...

Edit: Everything  is copied. They didn't even bother to clean it up.
Edit # 2: Actually, I'm pretty sure everything this person has done has been copied from somewhere else.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel