Episodes that Mods Cannot Delete

Topic started by takashichea on Sept. 20, 2013. Last post by takashichea 8 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (12,378 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Below is a list of episode pages that mods cannot delete. According to Acura Max, episode pages that have little edits and views can be easily deleted. For some odd reason, pages that are edited or view multiple times cannot be deleted.

One day, the staff will delete these pages.

It is imperative that if one makes a mistake in season numbers or adds a dupe episode, you must contact the mods right away to delete said episode page. We only have a small window of opportunity to delete those pages.

Thank you.

Post by Toxin45 (337 posts) See mini bio Level 14

okay

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea said:

For some odd reason, pages that are edited or view multiple times cannot be deleted. We only have a small window of opportunity to delete those pages.

That might be true for some pages, but I'm still convinced there's no consistent pattern to the undeletable pages. There are lots of pages in the database that have always had the delete button, despite edits or views. There have been times when I've checked a page that couldn't be deleted before and suddenly the delete button had reappeared. It seems to be pretty random. It's a weird bug.

That said, yeah, users should report any pages that need to be deleted right away to be on the safe side. Thanks guys.

I should have renamed this page to wiki pages that Moderators cannot delete. I found three company pages I cannot delete.

There are pages that are glitched.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I deleted the Fairy Tail episode page. Looks like the Death Note episodes can be deleted now too, I'll leave those to you.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24
There is a wonky episode of either Naruto or PaSwG that shows up in the episode list and adds to the episode count but you can't actually click on it or you get a 404. I don't think the site has any technical staff right now though and you'd probably have to go into the back end to get rid of it.

@Daniel_Newton:

Thanks, you were right.

and any Naruto wiki editors

I noticed the list of episodes are in the wrong season. I know it's confusing. According to Wikipedia, we should be in season 15. Tell me when you fixed the episodes and transfer images and attachments. I'll delete the wrong episodes.

Post by bigz007 (1,092 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea said:

and any Naruto wiki editors

I noticed the list of episodes are in the wrong season. I know it's confusing. According to Wikipedia, we should be in season 15. Tell me when you fixed the episodes and transfer images and attachments. I'll delete the wrong episodes.

According to thetvdb we should be in season 14. They even have banner for each season, so I guess they know what they are doing.

@bigz007:

Let me ask or since I'm not that familiar with the anime before I do anything. I was just transferring images from the Itachi gallery because a user wasn't listening to the rules. I just saw the list of episodes with different seasons.

@bigz007:

To be honest, I have no idea. Foxx told me that Wikipedia is not always right. For consistency, go ahead and follow TV Database.

Post by bigz007 (1,092 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I told you long time ago that the reason I don't edit Naruto anymore is those season numbers. It would be so much better if those numbers are editable.

@bigz007:

I guess I'll take over then for you. It's better for the wiki project if an editor who watches the show to carry out the task.

I screwed up the Naruto Shippuden episodes. I put these links if Daniel or Foxx can delete them.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel