Duplicates

Topic started by DocHaus on Feb. 4, 2010. Last post by sickVisionz 4 years, 4 months ago.
Post by DocHaus (935 posts) See mini bio Level 18
This has been bugging me for a bit, but one of the Afro Samurai Resurrection pages needs to be cut or combined.  
This link proclaims it to be a series
This one proclaims it to be a movie, which I think is the right term.

On an unrelated note, there's also two different Hideyoshi Kinoshita pages that could be combined:
This one has more pictures
This one has more show credits

Let me know if there's any action taken on this. 

Mod Edit: Sorry for the delay but it's been taken care    
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I need to figure out how to delete pages sooner or later, so lemme see what I can do.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,647 posts) See mini bio Level 25
This page has things kind of mixed up.
Jitte
http://www.animevice.com/jitte/21-477/
Should be a CONCEPT since it is a type of martial arts and not an OBJECT.

I already made a profile for that Jutte OBJECT.
A Jutte
http://www.animevice.com/jutte/21-283/
A Jutte is a tool that is used in the Jitte style of martial arts and there is already a profile. 

Mod Edit: Sorry for the delay but it's been taken care of.
@FoxxFireArt:

I dunno, the actual sword-breaker is called a Jitte though, isn't it?
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,647 posts) See mini bio Level 25
It's actually a misconception that the tool was ever for catching or breaking swords. While possible, it could be dangerous to try since the tine is so close to the hands.

That first Jitte profile I posted is actually a direct lift from the wikipedia page. It's a style of martial arts and not an object.
WIKIPEDIA page. Even the description was similar and calls it a style of karate. That would make it a concept and not an object.

The Jutte profile that I made a while back is an object that is used in that style of martial arts. While the name Jitte is sometimes used, Jutte is more appropriate. Jutte translates into "Ten Hands" Ju in Japanese means ten.
Bumping this thread to note another duplicate I stumbled over by accident. Tomomi Saikyo. Here and Here.

Also noting that action has yet to be taken on the two mentioned in the OP. I know you guys are busy, but it's almost been four weeks since that post. 

Mod Edit: Sorry for the delay but it's been taken care    
Okay, I figured out how to delete threads, though I don't think we have the ability to combine entries any way other than the good old fashion way.
Okay, if you choose to delete the Hideyoshi profile below, then I can transfer the show credits (at some point) to the other one.

http://www.animevice.com/hideyoshi-kinoshita/18-26438/
Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@FoxxFireArt: Is One Piece really the first time that this weapon has ever appeared in an anime?  Also, the Captain Smoker thing seems more like it's fit for his personal wiki page rather than the one for the object.  It's hard to tell if this is a real weapon or if it something specific to One Piece. 

Anyways, Jitte is gone now and I added "jitte" as an alias to Jutte.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel