Combine: Yajirobe/Yajirobi

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on June 28, 2009. Last post by Bigheart711 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20
There are two Yajirobe pages on the site with slightly different spellings, the corrent spelling is Yajirobe.

http://www.animevice.com/yajirobe/18-15735/
http://www.animevice.com/yajirobi/18-22976/

They both have useful info on them so it would be better to combine them rather than deleting one, thanks ^_^
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
There's no real way of "combining" them. You just look at the page you want to keep and see what you can add from the other page and then ask a staffer to delete the page you don't want.
Really? I always thought the staff had some sort of combining tool.
I assumed they didn't. Because... how exactly would the descriptions be merged together? That seems like something difficult to code.
I dunno, maybe it requires some input for the parts you type text in, but then merges the rest? *shrug*
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Newten: Maybe I'm mistaken, but maybe such a combine tool did exist at some point, but got broken (and still is). Maybe a "launch kid" mod at GB could know... I can't trust my memory on this (or anything). Anyway, combining at GB is manual (and it is the same code base as here). I do the same thing here, when I find a duplicate: pass the info / images to the one that will remain, pray for the safe journey to digital heaven (not really) of the one that will die and ask the executioner to handle the rest (post in the Delete forum).
*insert Captain Planet voice* Knowing is half the battle!
We should go ask a staffer officially if there is one or not (but I'm too lazy). >:D We can talk about it all we want but we're just speculating haha.

@jlrm01: Teehee you're using "launch kid" in your lingo now. I have integrated it into your brain! Mwahahahahhahahahahaha! *evil cackle here*
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@RedRoses: Well, I still use the quotes around the phrase so it isn't 100% integrated, but time will take care of it. hehehe. ^_^

I wish I could remember if GMan said something about that (the combine tool) at GB... Guess I could search, but maybe asking the higher-ups is better....

EDIT: Like in this thread at GB:

GMan
said:
"Sigh...merging doesn't work.  Any info will have to be manually brought over."

@jlrm01: Ahh thank you for digging that thread up from GB! Now we know :)

*insert "The More You Know" logo here*

[mumbles] Overtime I will control your brain and what you say... err type on this site you wait ;D [/mumble]
Ah, and then LordAndrew asked if the tool blew up, so there WAS a tool.

They really should fix it >_>
I've copied everything from the dumplicate page over to the proper page now, I renamed the duplicate to Yajirobe (DUPE) which can either be deleted at some point or turned into a page for something else I suppose.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,980 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Newten: Hmm... I thought you were allowed to delete pages as well.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel