Fairy Tail 4th OVA Trailer - Fun on the Beach

Topic started by takashichea on Nov. 11, 2012. Last post by Daniel_Newton 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by takashichea (11,161 posts) See mini bio Level 25

With the recent Fairy Tail anime heading deep into the Grand Magic Games arc, we had a recent beach episode (153) that didn't have the manga scenes where Natsu and his gang decide to peep on Lucy and her gals taking a bath. The OVA has those scenes plus some extra stuff. Be sure to watch the trailer.

The OVA will be released in Japan on November 16, 2012, and it will be bundled with a limited edition of volume 35.

Please enjoy the trailer and support the Fairy Tail franchise.

Source

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Saving the fan service for the OVA is actually a pretty smart move, the regular episode focused much more on the plot and didn't seem pandering while the people who really want those fan service scenes will get an OVA with much more packed into it. Looks like they're throwing one of the older manga specials in where Lucy visits Natsu's house too, that's pretty cool.

Post by takashichea (11,161 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Daniel_Newton:

Oh yeah, it does make sense since all of their OVAs have tons of fan service, both the girls and Gray. I'm looking forward to the drunk Lucy scene with Natsu. I was like, "oh my god, what will Natsu do?" because he never did make a move on Lucy.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: Until the manga version of this (where Natsu is the one who suggests peeping on the girls in the hot spring) I was pretty sure he was the typical happy-go-lucky, oblivious shounen protagonist who has little to no interest in women (like Goku) ...but maybe not. Still, I would be really surprised if he makes any kind of "move" on Lucy in this OVA. It looks like Lucy might make a move on Natsu though, but she has the excuse of being drunk. It's nice that their relationship is at least explored a little every now and then, like when Lucy thought Natsu was going to ask her out/confess to her earlier in the anime. It looked like Lucy probably would have said yes, too.

Unfortunately it's one of the things I dislike about big shounen series like Fairy Tail; how major characters are pretty much guaranteed to never hook up. I guess because the majority of the target audience isn't interested in romance playing a big part, but damn it, I want Natsu and Lucy, Gray and Juvia, and Gajeel and Levy to hook up. Oh well.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel