In Real Life Would You Support Kira?

Topic started by Organicalistic_ on March 24, 2011. Last post by JimeeJo 6 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Organicalistic_ (182 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Yes.
  • No.
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
No. Fuck no. What's wrong with you people that say you relate to Kira? He's a crazy motherfucker that is effectively a wolf in sheep's clothing. Dude has mental snaps and KILLS PEOPLE!!! Who votes for Cthulhu for President?

To that all I say is this:

Post by Sorantheman (105 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Considering how megalomanic the guy becomes, I have to say this: 

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
My honest answer is... I don't know. I'd have to be put in that situation to make a true decision.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,321 posts) See mini bio Level 12

If he only killed murderers
Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24
If I was a random person on the street who didn't know anything other than that there was a force out there cleaning up all the murderers and rapists in our society, I'd get behind that force.  If I was aware that there was some teen who was doing this not to make the world a better place, but so that he could be idolized and worshipped... I'd bitch and moan and say that this power should be put in better hands, but at the end of the day I wouldn't want to see him stopped and captured.

Murderers, rapists and other major criminals getting wiped out is a good thing imo, regardless of how it's happening or the reasoning behind it.  Kira made the world a better place.  Violent crimes were at record lows and the only end result of Near and L's actions were that more innocent people would be raped, murdered and victimized.
Post by mrmanga (36 posts) See mini bio Level 9
To be honest i probebly would. If you have read the manga and seen the show he does after all do make the world a better place even if it is trough fear of death and not trough friendly co operation and all that. 
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@mrmanga:

Dude, he kill FBI agents and others who got in his way and also he probably would kill anyone who look at him funny since absolute power always corrupt

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@sickVisionz said:
If I was a random person on the street who didn't know anything other than that there was a force out there cleaning up all the murderers and rapists in our society, I'd get behind that force.  If I was aware that there was some teen who was doing this not to make the world a better place, but so that he could be idolized and worshipped... I'd bitch and moan and say that this power should be put in better hands, but at the end of the day I wouldn't want to see him stopped and captured. Murderers, rapists and other major criminals getting wiped out is a good thing imo, regardless of how it's happening or the reasoning behind it.  Kira made the world a better place.  Violent crimes were at record lows and the only end result of Near and L's actions were that more innocent people would be raped, murdered and victimized.
this
@Destinyheroknight: I do agree towards the end of the series he did become a little crazy and when he killed his own dad i was not thrilled to be sure but this is all just speculation. If this was a real event i wouldnt know his actions. I would just think he did good to the world for all i knew.  
Or is this suposed to be What if you know what he really was?  
If i knew that i would never support him of course but stilll. I am not a fan of killing people no matter how bad they are but the fact still remains he made a pretty good world at one point in the series 
i wouldnt mind being in that kind of world at the cost of lives of criminals. That may be a terrible thing to say but eh thats my opinion. 
@Haofan123 said:
@sickVisionz said:
If I was a random person on the street who didn't know anything other than that there was a force out there cleaning up all the murderers and rapists in our society, I'd get behind that force.  If I was aware that there was some teen who was doing this not to make the world a better place, but so that he could be idolized and worshipped... I'd bitch and moan and say that this power should be put in better hands, but at the end of the day I wouldn't want to see him stopped and captured. Murderers, rapists and other major criminals getting wiped out is a good thing imo, regardless of how it's happening or the reasoning behind it.  Kira made the world a better place.  Violent crimes were at record lows and the only end result of Near and L's actions were that more innocent people would be raped, murdered and victimized.
this
i agree with this pretty much.
Online Now

@mrmanga:

He was already crazy when he said "I'll be god of this new world" and also you forget "absolute power always corrupt". A real Kira would probably tried to take over the world, we probably have to go by his laws if not he kill us (and also what if you got framed for murder, Kira would probably kill you if he thinks you are guilty)

@Destinyheroknight: ah thats an interesting tought. What if he killed a lot of framed people. But still your first sentence doesnt really change what he did. He pretty much did controll the world in a sense at one point and he did kill people who went against his laws. But his laws were pretty simple. Dont kill people, dont rape, dont steal. You know all those kind of things.  
I do wonder tough would he actually kill an Aladin type of thief, someone who steals for survival. Its a shame the series didnt have a confrontation with this kind of moral choice for Light.
Online Now

@mrmanga:

He control the world in fear, he is a terrorist not a god (I will never support someone who use fear to change things). You forgot people who got in his way like L and the FBI

What if he change the laws, no one can stop him

Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24

The end result of Kira's actions were dramatically reduced crime rates. If you live in an extremely low crime area, that may not mean much to you but there are places in the world where it isn't safe to walk on the streets at night. There are places where people are murdered every week. There are places where people are murdered every day. For whatever reasons, the police can't stop it. The government can't stop. Hoping for the good in people to shine through can't stop it. Kira did though.

Yes, it happened by making people afraid of punishment, but how is that any different than the world today? When it comes to crime and people, I think there are three groups:

1. People who are genuinely good and don't want to commit crimes.
  2. People who fear getting caught and/or punished and don't do crimes. This could be a fear of religious/karmic punishment or fear of the police/government punishing them.
  3. People who don't care about punishment, maybe because they genuinely don't care or they don't think they'll be caught, and commit crimes.

Personally, I think the fear of punishment (group 2) is the largest group of people currently living on the planet by far. It doesn't have to be going to jail or a fear of buAll Kira did, which the police and government couldn't do, was move an insane number of people from category 3 to category 2. Yes, he did it out of fear, but that's not a new concept or idea. That's how things already work in the world.

I think it's easy to watch the anime and say that Light did bad things and that you wouldn't support him, but the question isn't about supporting Light. Less than a dozen people on the entire planet knew about Light or knew that Kira was a human. The chances of you being one of those people is literally hundreds of millions to 1. The issue isn't about Light. It's about Kira- this intangible force that's making the world a better place.

I don't think there would be many who would be upset about Kira. What other option is there? The ineffective police and military forces that have led the world to the crime and war ridden way it was prior to Kira? Who, outside of criminals and those with their influence/power waning, would choose that versus a force that makes it safe to walk the streets at night? The only requirement to participate in this society is that you not be a criminal.

Post by SuperperfectCell (528 posts) See mini bio Level 10

i think i would, just read the post above. Besides i supported him all the way threw teh anime and was kinda pissed at the ending... 

F you Near!
Post by Drumchek (2 posts) See mini bio Level 5

I would support kira because he want's to make a new perfect world whit out crime(and he will be the new god,but i don't mind) and criminals do bad things that make good people suffer.

Online Now

Absolute power always corrupt

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

An simple meme but true

Post by Kobra678 (2,973 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@sickVisionz said:

If I was a random person on the street who didn't know anything other than that there was a force out there cleaning up all the murderers and rapists in our society, I'd get behind that force. If I was aware that there was some teen who was doing this not to make the world a better place, but so that he could be idolized and worshipped... I'd bitch and moan and say that this power should be put in better hands, but at the end of the day I wouldn't want to see him stopped and captured. Murderers, rapists and other major criminals getting wiped out is a good thing imo, regardless of how it's happening or the reasoning behind it. Kira made the world a better place. Violent crimes were at record lows and the only end result of Near and L's actions were that more innocent people would be raped, murdered and victimized.

this

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel