How did Light... -SPOILERS-

Topic started by TheGremp on Oct. 5, 2009. Last post by MrASSH0LE 3 years, 9 months ago.
Post by TheGremp (5 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I've been watching through Death Note, and I noticed something that doesn't quite add up. 
One of the rules of the Death Note is that once you give up your ownership of the book, you forget about all of your time as Kira.  Yet, there's a point in which one of the books was given to that one Shinigami (Name escapes me) that needed to return it, while another was given to Mikami.  Thing is, Light still remembers everything and reacts as such. 

How did that happen?  Am I just missing something here? 

By the way, I'm TheGremp.  Hi.  I come from Giant Bomb. (Anime Vice's sister site if you weren't aware) 
I've recently gotten into manga and anime and figured I'd check this community out.
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I don't remember exactly, But I think he retained ownership of the book (or at least part of the book) 

BTW Welcome. If you come from Giantbomb, I'd hope you would recognize me. You do, right? RIGHT? 
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@TheGremp said:

" I've been watching through Death Note, and I noticed something that doesn't quite add up. One of the rules of the Death Note is that once you give up your ownership of the book, you forget about all of your time as Kira.  Yet, there's a point in which one of the books was given to that one Shinigami (Name escapes me) that needed to return it, while another was given to Mikami.  Thing is, Light still remembers everything and reacts as such.  How did that happen?  Am I just missing something here?  By the way, I'm TheGremp.  Hi.  I come from Giant Bomb. (Anime Vice's sister site if you weren't aware) I've recently gotten into manga and anime and figured I'd check this community out. "

i think he still had a piece of it or something, and when the previous user retain ownership he is able to remember again
@AgentJ said:
" I don't remember exactly, But I think he retained ownership of the book (or at least part of the book)  BTW Welcome. If you come from Giantbomb, I'd hope you would recognize me. You do, right? RIGHT?  "
Ah, maybe.  There are so many rules and stuff that I get pretty lost.  Still enjoying it though. 

Also, sure thing.  Read your posts on the forums, and I think we've talked in the IRC once or twice.
@TheGremp said:
" @AgentJ said:
" I don't remember exactly, But I think he retained ownership of the book (or at least part of the book)  BTW Welcome. If you come from Giantbomb, I'd hope you would recognize me. You do, right? RIGHT?  "
Ah, maybe.  There are so many rules and stuff that I get pretty lost.  Still enjoying it though.  Also, sure thing.  Read your posts on the forums, and I think we've talked in the IRC once or twice. "
Lol, I've never been on the IRC. That's okay though, I'm not offended. Much. 
@AgentJ said:
" @TheGremp said:
" @AgentJ said:
Ah, maybe.  There are so many rules and stuff that I get pretty lost.  Still enjoying it though.  Also, sure thing.  Read your posts on the forums, and I think we've talked in the IRC once or twice. "
Lol, I've never been on the IRC. That's okay though, I'm not offended. Much.  "
Oh really?  Oops.  Well, I definitely recognize your avatar if that's worth anything to you. lol
@TheGremp said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @TheGremp said:
" @AgentJ said:
Lol, I've never been on the IRC. That's okay though, I'm not offended. Much.  "
Oh really?  Oops.  Well, I definitely recognize your avatar if that's worth anything to you. lol "
Good, you shouldn't have to worry about being watched through your windows anymore. 
Post by Dream (7,683 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Light had kept several pages of the Death Note with him when he gave the Death Note to Mikami. As long as Light retains some of the pages in his possession, he still retains his memories of the Death Note and Ryuk.
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
dude, light got pund at the end!! i lmao!!
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Bump to unstick this. Let there be light!
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 12

he kept pages of the death note with him
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel