Tom Writes All Your Names In The Death Note

Topic started by No_name_here on June 10, 2011. Last post by sora_thekey 3 years, 6 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,334 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Wait Tom don't do it ! DON'T DO IT! *falls on the ground*
Post by Lurkero (418 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I don't think your penmanship is menacing enough, Tom.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

Due thanks to Metal Mike Mullenix and the Real Folk Bluesman, Sam Well of First Edition, for being part of this insanity.

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Tom_Pinchuk: Dude...your handwriting is TERRIBLE!

Also this video once again reminded me that L's theme is just a remix (not a plagiarism!) of the Exorcist Theme:

Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I'm disappointed that i didn't' see my name... *sniff* you bastard.

But in all seriousness, even though the vast majority of the manga is the same as the anime, the one thing that's different is the ending. The ending scene at least. Which do you prefer? I personally like the manga's version better.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20

The only reason my name wasn't in there was because Tom loves me and doesn't want me to die. That's what I like to think anyway.

Music kind of got a little loud in the middle Tom, any louder and we wouldn't have been able to hear you.

Post by AURON570 (573 posts) See mini bio Level 15
"I'll take this potato chip and EAT IT" one of the best lines in the dub. Also where can I get this, sounds like a relatively interesting read.
Post by Kyreo (52 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Be sure to specify the details of the death in the next 6 minutes in 40 seconds.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Are you drunk Tom? As a drinker myself I had to ask, cause you seem like you tossed back a few before taping this :)
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Newten said:

The only reason my name wasn't in there was because Tom loves me and doesn't want me to die. That's what I like to think anyway.

I agree. Tom must like me! haha Although..I'm kind of sad that I was not written down because it must mean I'm not important enough to be in Tom's Death Note.

@Tom_Pinchuk
Liked the video. Solid touch with the theme music in the background. I had no idea there were that many rules either. I have not read the manga but I've flipped through some volumes in the store and it looked like it would be the as the anime. If you like how the Death Note manga and anime were done then I bet you will like the Bakuman manga and anime, which is from the same creators.
Post by Sparklykiss (59 posts) See mini bio Level 16

And this is why I'm a lurker! Tom could never find me!

And with penmanship like that, it makes sense how those people are still alive. This sort of thing never works unless you write clearly.

Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Good stuff. I had no clue that there were that many rules in a Death Note.

Post by Phoenix87 (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4
This show pretty much shut down my life for 13 hours when I stumbled across it. Once I started, I could not stop until I was done . Its the only thing I've ever come across that can rival Bebop, for me at least.

And as a request, please Write down the name of Mr. Caffeine.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Is it at all odd that I actually understand those rules he read off?

@Tom_Pinchuk:

Superbly done video. It's a great review with tons of personality. To me. this series would be nothing without L. The only real advantage that the manga has is that there was an extra chapter that was made that shows the world after Light's death and Near is L. At the very end of it they showed L's real name.

That list of rules looks to take up a third of the book. Funny when in the story it's about a page. This seems to take a lot of the unwritten rules that are discovered in the series as the story progressed and wrote them all down.

I just can't support this series because it's a VIZ Media publication. They are the worst force that continues to censor manga to ridiculous levels and remove Japanese culture. They are really one of the only publishers still doing it and show no sign of stopping. I would feel differently if they offered uncensored versions for those who want to purchase that, but they refuse to do so. I don't want VIZ's 'version' of these stories. I don't want a toned down version. I want the actual story and actual art work. They wont provide that. Sadly, only the pirated scanlations groups are the only ones who provide the story in English without censorship.

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@FoxxFireArt said:

I just can't support this series because it's a VIZ Media publication. They are the worst force that continues to censor manga to ridiculous levels and remove Japanese culture. They are really one of the only publishers still doing it and show no sign of stopping. I would feel differently if they offered uncensored versions for those who want to purchase that, but they refuse to do so. I don't want VIZ's 'version' of these stories. I don't want a toned down version. I want the actual story and actual art work. They wont provide that. Sadly, only the pirated scanlations groups are the only ones who provide the story in English without censorship.

I think you could out bore Bono talking about Africa.

Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Bwahahahahaha! You skipped the underscore, so I'm sa-*hurkk*

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Its funny that you didn't write my name, because I'm sure I was feeling chest pains yesterday...
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Tom_Pinchuk: Thank you for NOT killing me, you magnificent bastard. XD
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@zombiepie:

I just get tired of all the press VIZ Media gets, but most outlets completely avoid talking about their censorship. They make it sounds as if we have to support them only because they exist. Not because they are a quality publisher. They are the only publisher still censoring. When readers support this. It gives them no incentive to stop or offer an alternative.

Piracy is one of the largest issues in anime and manga publishing. They want to continue to complain about all this piracy, but not have to do anything to actually address the issue. In some series, scanlations are the only way to get the real story in English.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel