We Redux Your Favorite Anime! - - THE VICE PIT

Topic started by No_name_here on Oct. 7, 2012. Last post by sickVisionz 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

Other Vice Pit sessions on...

• Oh Crap! It's Anime Filler!
  • The Secret of Mecha Anime?
  • Are Remakes Necessary?
  • What Was Your First Anime?
  • Anime Convention Gossip!
  • Anime Makes You Cry!
  • We are the Ambassadors of Anime!
  • What Makes A Good Anime Club?
  • CHAMPLOO Better Than BEBOP?
  • Can Anime Ever as Popular in America?
  • Why Do Fighting Game Always Lose?
  • Worst Anime Ever...!
  • Can Anime Ever Compete with Piracy?
  • Is Anime Really Going to Die?!?!
  • Otaku Mega Dating Special!!
  • It's Come to This - - Anime Crushes
  • How Much Better Is Old School Anime, Really?
  • Anime Ripping Off American Cartoons?
  • The Top 3 Greatest Anime Theme Songs of All Time!
  • DIGIMON - - A Harmless or Harmful Escape?
  • Manga vs. American Comics
  • The Most Epic Anime Deaths of All Time!
  • Your Most Hated Anime Tropes!
  • Are Miyazaki Movies Unwise to Introduce Anime?
  • When You're Embarrassed to Like Anime?
  • Why is AKIRA Still Popular?
  • TIGER & BUNNY: The Next Big Thing in Anime?
  • Dub Vs. Sub
  • KIDS ON THE SLOPE
  • YU YU HAKUSHO
  • Comic Con / Anime Expo 2012
  • CAT PLANET CUTIES
  • Toonami / FUJIKO MINE
  • DRAGON AGE
  • Thanks to Kadeemluvmusic for their most excellent Q's!

Be sure to submit questions and topics for a future Vice Pit session here. We will answer them!

Tom Pinchuk’s a writer and personality with a large number of comics, videos and features like this to his credit. Visit his website - - tompinchuk.com - - and follow his Twitter: @tompinchuk

Sam Weller is a writer and actor who's scribed for shows like FIRST EDITION, GEEK THERAPY, and most recently BATGIRL: SPOILED. He also really likes anime. To know what is going to happen next, follow @cravesam

Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I have i couples of series i would like to see redone, most of them due to the fact the original ended earlier than expected, so in a way it's more like a sequel desire.

Rurouni Kenshin for example, they never got a proper treatment into the events after the Tokyo Arc, even though they're reanimating this Arc again in the OVA format.

Others that should get the redux/sequel treatment are Guin Saga, Twelve Kingdoms, Gilgamesh (this one a real makeover with decent animation) Witch Hunter Robin and Big O (which i think had a sequel planned but got cancelled midways)

Another i wish they remade with today standard animation would be the Original Gundam. ^^

Post by takashichea (12,270 posts) See mini bio Level 25

For me, Blue Exorcist, Soul, Eater, and Guilty Crown. Both Blue Exorcist and Guilty Crown had so much hype and expectations. The first episodes rock fans, but as it progresses, it loses steam quickly and derails itself. Due to the contracting nature of social Darwinism and creationism, Guilty Crown should get a reboot without the religious stuff. Since I haven't read the manga for Blue Exorcist, I'm not sure where the reboot will change. For Soul Eater, it should resumed where it left off. It doesn't need a complete reboot and give Maaka her cool powers at the end. I like how she can sprout scythes which helps her fight by herself similar to Black Star who can fight on his own.

Lastly, Deadman Wonderland should get a reboot because they omitted Azami Mido, a character that is key for later arcs. Though, the manga is on hiatus around the 50's for a while.

You're a Soul Eater fan, right? Should the anime get a reboot?

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17

so far, Ranma 1/2, Bleach and Kampfer are show's i'd like to see redone. Ranma I'd like to see have a remake without the genderswapping, having girl Ranma as her own charcter probably as male ranma's fiancee or his sister, and having a stronger martial arts aspect.

I'd like a remake of Bleach sticking with what Kubo says he wouldve done without the higher-ups interfering, where after season 1, there would be less action and more urban fantasy, and make the show a lot more cerebral.

Kampfer needs a better fleshed out story. the manga is a lot better at it, but gets hit with too much fanservice from volume 2 onwards and suffers dearly for it. it could have greater development of the characters's powers, backstories, even a better history behind the kampfer powers. it had promise but eventually destroyed it about 6-7 episodes in.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Tiger-Mask

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Claymore is salvageable. It could get a second season and not suffer much as the ending was the only thing messing with the continuity. I really wish they would make it since the story really picks up with what the Organization is (and what it is doing) and the action gets better plus Raki becomes a badass.

Not sure what series I'd like remakes of, really. I just wish more would stick to the manga material that made them popular enough to get an anime in the first place.

Post by JiCi (31 posts) See mini bio Level 6

After seeing how good Yatterman and Casshern [Sins] ended up, to my opinion, I'd like to see more Tatsunoko animes getting remade, like Gatchaman, Tekkaman, Hurricane Polymar, Gold Lightan and the rest of the Time Bokan series. Most of them were totally awesome to see in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, so I'd like to see them in a new fresh coat of paint.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I agree with Claymore. My-Hime was an interesting pick, although I don't know how they could really not have all of the friendship random high school stuff. That's what gives the second half the impact that it has imo. They could fix the undo everything ending though.

I really don't like Now and Then, Here and There but I think it has potential. If they remade it and made the bad guy a bit more grounded and eased up on the heavy messaging some then I think I would enjoy it more. The baddie is wackier than a Looney Tunes cartoon but then the shows goes really dark and it's hard to take it as serious as it wants to be taken when they flash to the bad guy and he's acting goofy like Elmer Fudd. The main good guy is also a bit too ultra naive and happy go lucky. If he would have at least at some point had an attitude that acknowledged that being beaten by rapey criminals wasn't ultra ok and made life grand, then I think I could have gotten behind his plight more, but he always seemed to have his head in the sand about how terrible a situation he was in, which just annoyed me.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel