gundam gone on crunchyroll

Topic started by newave on April 29, 2010. Last post by Karkarov 4 years, 7 months ago.
Post by newave (102 posts) See mini bio Level 10
so i went to watch mobile suit gundam on crunchyroll and it is completely gone...this angers me and makes me feel like you can't trust the streaming sites...dose anyone else feel the same?
Post by Frostalicious (44 posts) See mini bio Level 13
That's strange. I haven't read anything about there being an issue with the streaming deals of those shows. I just checked YouTube and the original Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam are gone from there as well. Gundam Wing, Seed, and 00 are still there though. I wonder why they decided to pull just those two shows.
Post by Karkarov (147 posts) See mini bio Level 7
There was a deal on bandai's end.  The shows were only put out as a promo for the UC gundam dvd release so they were only going to be temporarily available from day one, here is le proof....

http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/CR_Premium_Members/forum#s=/group/CR_Premium_Members/forum%3Fextra_param%3D604710%26page%3D0

And yes it sucks bigtime but I am blaming Sunrise/Bandai.
Post by Frostalicious (44 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Karkarov: That explains there being a little teaser at the beginning of each episode.
Post by newave (102 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Karkarov: aaah thank you...i feel less deceived now.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@newave said:
" @Karkarov: aaah thank you...i feel less deceived now. "
Still blows. Though, I'm sure you can probably grab the original series a decent price. Its old as balls and has been around the corner a couple of times.
Post by Karkarov (147 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@John_Martone: 

You will have a hard time finding it new.  Gundam Wing is still reasonably available though, Zeta Gundam shouldn't be too bad either if you poke around.  I wish I knew the financials behind all these streaming deals.  It can't be profitable to have a series like Gundam or even a Urusei Yatsura sitting on a shelf collecting dust.  Smart companies would look to make a deal like the original Naruto on CR.  CR has the entire series, but you must be a premium member to watch it.  Anyone who is a real Gundam fan would gladly throw down what, 7 bucks a month? to take a month or two to watch all their favorite series in full 480p.  God forbid while they are there they check out Code Geass season one again, or Eureka 7, or something else.  CR actually has a great selection that has nothing to do with simulcasts.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel