Crunchyroll Streams (Nice Boat-less) School Days

Topic started by gia on April 24, 2009. Last post by Agent_Lost 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I wanted to make a funnier headline, but I just couldn't find a way to do it without spoiling the last episode-- the only one I've watched of School Days, and for some the only one worth watching. But don't worry; Crunchyroll is going to air the entire series.

For those unaware: School Days is notorious for its lead character treating its females rather like dirt, and for having a brutal ending. Shortly prior to the final episode's airing, some school violence occurred, which led to the final episode's being preempted in favor of stock footage of a...”nice boat.”

The show's start date has been offered as nothing more than “this spring,” but I'm pretty sure that we won't be seeing any nice boats on Crunchyroll. Well, we might, but not in place of anime-- although it would be pretty funny if they aired the nice boat footage as well, as an alternative for those who would rather skip the last episode. Right?
Post by coonce (151 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
that's awesome news! i thought they were shut down?
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Crunchyroll? Not even close. They got rid of all of their illicit content and now are legally licensing series to stream, and doing rather well with it I gather :)
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I want to buy this series very bad so streaming it legally is a step in the right direction.
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
ah yes, the legendary "Nice Boat" episode. BTW the reason it became legendary is not the postpone episode for some generic footage of boat. It was the epilogue of the final episode that made everyone scream genius at the time. Anyone can correct if I'm wrong but, the epilogue was produce in the week that the broadcaster postpone the airing of the final episode.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel