Live-Action Bebop Flick Has a Writer

Topic started by gia on Jan. 16, 2009. Last post by Lunarmoth 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop

The MTV blog managed to squeeze a little more information out of the upcoming live-action Cowboy Bebop flick, and answered one of my top three questions: who is writing the script? (Right between “who is directing it?” and “who'll play Faye, Jet, and Ed?”)

The answer is Peter Craig, who is best-known for dark comedy novels like The Martini Shot and Hot Plastic. From what information I can find, he's been working as a screenwriter in Venice Beach, but I can only find listings for films that are upcoming, none that are already out. That said, the films he's working on include the 2010 Prince of Thieves and an adaptation of his own novel, Hot Plastic.

I'm trying to find out if I can get in touch with Craig and find out more about what he's doing with the film, if he can talk about it...who knows? Maybe he's a fan!

Post by transgojobot (122 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Peter Craig has also written a third book, Blood Father.

I'm going to see about picking up either one at my library. I'm a bit of a fan of crime noir fiction, but I can't say I keep a close eye on the genre. What little I dug about Craig's novels seem to focus on relationships with family; in particular, the relationships of fathers and their children against backdrops of underground crime, grifting or "behind-the-scenes" Hollywood.
Post by Kiriska (112 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I have no idea who this guy is, which worries me a little, but I can have a little faith. Either way, I hope you can get in contact with that guy. :O
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
This might be interesting, I just hope.
Post by Lunarmoth (193 posts) See mini bio Level 5
The more I learn  the more I fear. But maybe I can hope.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel