What cons are you going to (or went to) in 2011?

Topic started by sickVisionz on Jan. 30, 2011. Last post by sickVisionz 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,153 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I missed Anime Weekend Atlanta for the past two years (a real shame since I live in Atlanta) but yesterday I made my reservation for the full 3 days and next week a friend and I are booking a hotel room at the convention center.  It's a loooooooooong ways off (September) but hey, it's cheaper if you get a head start plus I feel like now it's set in stone and there's nothing that could make me pause like prior years.

For all my fellow congoers out there, which ones are you going to this year?
Post by SpikeValantine (39 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Fanime, Sakura con, and either Anime Expo or Am2 (since they are on the same date).

I missed Anime LA since I went to CES so sad about that.
@SpikeValantine: That's a lot.  Off-topic: is CES open to the public?
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Probably just Anime North for me.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,336 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'm going to cons in my country such as: 

Anime Legends (There is a good chance that Fukuyama Yoshiki performs)
Anime Friends 
After Friends 
Stream Party Deluxe 
Daicon Fest  
Undercomics 
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
FanimeCon 2011 in San Jose, California (the weekend of Memorial Day in May)...and if my budget allows, perhaps Anime Expo in Los Angeles in the summer.

One of the three VOCALOID groups being interviewed at FanimeCon 2010.
 One of the three VOCALOID groups being interviewed at FanimeCon 2010.
@ShadowKnight508:  I immediately saw that and thought, "Ughh, why are we always guaranteed to see a few dudes cross dressing at every con?!?!?" then I looked closer and said, "oh wait" and then I looked again and settled on being confused.
@sickVisionz said:
" @SpikeValantine: That's a lot.  Off-topic: is CES open to the public? "
Sick I might be going to more but so far that's all I have planned at the moment, and no CES is only for industry people, big companies who are looking to carry new tech or items, and Press.

And as for the picture, its not as bad as all the actual guys who try to dress like female vocaloids, or other female parts can be very disturbing......I'm doing AM2 since its a free con so save me money between Fanime, E3 and Comic Con
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

are there any cons in toronto?
4 months past due but using http://www.animecons.com/events/ is a good place for everyone to see what cons are nearby them.

I've decided to attend AM2 this year to see Scandal live as well as one of the art directors for studio Ghibli. I will be missing the Hatsune Miku concert which isnt too big of a loss for me, but hey my gf made the final decision since one of the people who worked on Sailor Moon will be there.
Post by Fire Star (3,728 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Still throwing around a few I might attend, though they are some of the smaller ones i enjoy them either way. 
@sickVisionz: This should be pinned for this forum, nice to see when you first come in.
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Penny Arcade Expo, as always :P
Post by Fire Star (3,728 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@ShadowKnight508: I hope you get the chance at the Anime Expo in LA next summer ! 
Post by Traeumerei (4 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I went to MTAC in April and am hoping to go to the SugoiCon in November. Concacaconcons...
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Ah... I love the fact that there are 3 cons per year where I live. I went to Tsukino-Con, hoping to go to Cos&Effect, and I missed Sakura-Con
Post by Sparklykiss (59 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I've only ever been to one convention and I'll be going to it next week.

GenCon 2011. I probably won't be in a costume since I didn't get it completed, but, hey, convention time! Yay!

Post by Wales (133 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@sickVisionz: I actually do staff work at AWA so you'll see me there...if you can find me. Then again, Dealers Room staff is always understaffed so I'll be there all con.
Post by Stripeycow (8 posts) See mini bio Level 8

London Expo (May)

Expo Manchester (July)

J-Culture con (September)

London Expo (October)

United Kingdom Locations.

Post by DocHaus (909 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Went to Otakon (or at least part of it). That'll probably be it for me unless I get a bunch of money soon.

Anime Weekend Atlanta is only a few days away. I can't wait. This will be my first time booking a hotel room for the event and going for all 3 days.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel