Post Con Depression

Topic started by kratos1010 on May 25, 2009. Last post by EganTheVile1 3 years, 11 months ago.
Post by kratos1010 (78 posts) See mini bio Level 2
We all get it. After 3 days of fun at a con, we have to go back to our everyday lives. How do you handle it?
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Alcohol, but that's really a catch-all solution.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Sigue said:
Alcohol, but that's really a catch-all solution.
That seems to be a pretty common solution AT conventions.
Ok, let me rephrase. What is a GOOD way to handle it?
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Well Fanime is four days but I'm still post-con depressed regardless...

I'm keeping myself busy by looking for my pictures and looking at others' pictures. I'm also currently writing my blog entry on the Gurren Lagann panel (world exclusive at Fanime woot!) along with my overall con report.
Post by rocketbomber (226 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Compulsive blogging:

write down everything you did, and saw.   with pictures, when possible.

If you're feeling a post-con depression, then you haven't written enough.  You should've brought a recorder with you into panels; or a camcorder for video, or a smartphone for live twittering. If your lack now makes you feel bad, then you should feel bad.  You've failed us.

If you can't enjoy it by itself, on its own merits, and walk away sated;
then you need to blog the hell out of it.  Before, during, after, long after, and anticipatory and preparitory to next year.

If you're not sharing, of course you feel alone.
Post by rocketbomber (226 posts) See mini bio Level 9
...and alcohol is really good, too.  Though I tend to use that to self-medicate to alleviate demophobia during the con, and afterwards it's more a part of the general-background-drunk, as opposed to a directed cure toward any particular post-con-funk.
Hey, post the stuff on Gurren Lagann. Its my fav, after all.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@rocketbomber: hah. Too bad my Blackberry doesn't have Internet access or else I would have live-blogged everything I went to. I'm writing all the blog entries I can dang it! haha

Gurren Lagann documentary/panel blog post is up! I shall write my Day 4 Fanime blog entry later. The Gurren Lagann one took quite a bit of time.
Right, will check that out.

Still suffering from a total realization of how dull everyday life is. I mean, why do people wear such dull clothing? And whats up with the boring range of hair color?

(Okay, that last one was a joke. Kinda.)
Post by Juuhachi (88 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'll just continue my daily activities. I don't find cons THAT special that I feel depressed afterwards because I had to leave. Perhaps I'm getting older...
Post by iseepenguinz (6 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I hate coming back from con cause I realize how boring my life is. I always call Con Heaven and my hometown Hell. Being at con I feel so at home and with my own kind. At home I feel out of place and surrounded by people who stare at me weird.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Both Botcon 2010 and Star Wars Celebration '10 were in Orlando this (or I should start saying last) year so I had a blast at both, guess living in theme park central helps but what helps even more is the booze. LOL... I'm a very sad man...
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel