Megacon 2012? You going?!

Topic started by finaldasa on Jan. 22, 2012. Last post by finaldasa 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by finaldasa (46 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Turns out I might be able to pop over to Orlando for that weekend and attend my first convention, Megacon. Technically not an out and out anime convention who cares?

Anyone going? Any past experiences or con wisdom I need to know?

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@finaldasa: Hmm... dress light is is probably the best advice I can give. You don't want to get all sweaty at a convention. In fact if it's really packed you might want to take a handheld fan...

Other than that just enjoy yourself! I've only been to the MCM Expo in London, but it was pretty awesome. Got a ton of free stuff.

@Newten: Oh I will definitely be dressed light, no costumes for me this time.

I plan on just watching my friends suffer from their dressed up choices as I wander. I did plan on bringing a bag or something or should I just avoid this altogether?

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@finaldasa: A bag is fine as long as it's a bag you don't mind carrying around while you're there. You usually end up with some free stuff given to you at cons so it's not a bad idea.

@Newten: Thats what I thought, I'll ask my friends to be sure. It wouldn't be anything huge, just some shoulder bag (not a purse I swear!). And it would be nice to just keep my DS in that than in my pocket or something.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel