Fanime Convention - Day 3

Topic started by RedRoses on May 25, 2009. Last post by Niko 4 years, 11 months ago.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I ended up going to the convention lateish (around 1!) and so I didn't do much. I went around taking a few pictures and headed to the Dealers Room because I still didn't buy anything. I ended up buying three Gurren Lagann keychains and one tokidoki plushie. (pics of those will be on my overall Fanime blog soon).

At 3 PM I went to the Gurren Lagann world premiere (yes not even shown in Japan yet!) documentary. I'll have a WHOLE separate blog thing for that because I took detailed notes down and there was lots of things that I personally wanted to remember in writing (on my Blackberry) and I might as well rewrite them so you (whoever is reading this) may learn something new as well. Too bad I didn't live blog it but I didn't have a laptop on me at the time and my Blackberry doesn't have internet access. Anyway, the documentary ended and there was also a Q&A section with some serious and not so serious questions.

I also can show you my awesome signatures on my Gurren Lagann bag (the one that comes with the Gurren Lagann LE DVD Part 2). They had difficulty signing it but oh well. I can hear their moonspeak seemingly baffled on how to sign it. A translator explained where the bag was from (the LE DVD thing) so at least they know I didn't pick something deliberately difficult to sign. Also, I got my Naruto lolita dressed friend to get signatures on a piece of paper (in case my bag thing failed) so you can see why one of them drew Naruto there hehe:

The documentary and Q&A section lasted until 5ish but they were doing signatures so I waited until 6ish to get my signatures. I wish I brought my LE box with the cool Lagann mouth opening thing... damn didn't think ahead in time.

After that, I ate dinner so that lasted a really long time. It was Vietnamese (at least from what I remember?) but the service was crap. Food was fine but they weren't very clear on what were supposed to do; we never got our menus until I had to get off my seat and ask for them. Just guh.

I ended up going home early because of some school filming project stuff. The Gurren Lagann panel-like thing took a good chunk of my day but it was well worth it. Anticipate the entry I write for it, ANTICIPATE IT.

But who cares what I did right? All people care about is the pictures. Oh and I asked my friend and she said it was fine for me to put her picture on my blog. She's the loli-Naruto and we played the game "go take pictures with as many Naruto cosplayers as possible." She has more pictures on her camera since I was at the Gurren Lagann thing so she has more than I do. I didn't post some of the solo pics I have with her. Too much of a camera whore (she knows this and willingly admits it so I can say it too :P).

I look stoned in the picture with that Blastoise person. Awesome... =_=

The next two blog entries I will do are the Gurren Lagann documentary thing and Day 4 (along with my overall impression) of Fanime this year.

Previous Fanime 2009 blog entries:
Day 0
Day 1
Day 2
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
World exclusive? (T_T)
     Very lucky, sounds awesome, and obviously looking forward to hearing about it.
Post by Schwindelmagier (314 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Woo! Akito/Agito cosplay FTW!
Yesh, Blackberrys can come in handy oftentimes, can't they? ^^
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
That is a pretty cool Blastoise cosplay.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel