Fanime Convention Blog - Day 2

Topic started by RedRoses on May 24, 2009. Last post by ethan 5 years, 3 months ago.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I always love the Saturdays of all the Fanime cons I've been too and this year was no exception. While I was getting ready in my Yoko cosplay (and my friend get into her Loli-Naruto stuff) we drove down 880 and got stared at a lot in the car because hey, you see a gal with Yoko's wig and my friend has curly, blonde hair with the hair headband frilly things lolis wear.

Once we arrived at the convention center, we got hounded my photographers.
And holy tequito boobs sell apparently. I got my picture taken quite a bit... Big shocker for everyone I know. There was once where I got asked by one photographer to get a picture and then a bunch of other photographers swarm in like bees. I ended up standing there for a good 10-15 minutes. I also went around 360 degrees because I'd face different cameras... it was an interesting experience. In normal pictures, I hate getting my picture taken but hey cosplay is a totally different thing.

I met Gia and Ethan to do some video stuff that will be uploaded shortly. I won't give away any surprises but just wait until you see how much I can embarrass myself with no shame. Hoorah! At least I have a sketch for it (though I'm not THAT skinny...):

Fanime 2009 - Day 2
Fanime 2009 - Day 2
At the Anime Vice panel, I got to go sit with them like I'm important or something (lulz haha no). I ended up saying a few things which hopefully didn't make myself look stupid. My wig got all messed up when we ran to the panel with giveaway stuff heh :D Oh well.

After the panel, (and sorry again Ethan for not saying bye in person! I feel bad) my friends literally dragged me to the Masquerade (which has been renamed Cosplay Spectacular but it's still the freaken Masquerade so whatever). It was... ehh. The memorable ones are... lessee... I loved the Kuroshitsuji group but that purely could be fangirlism bias. The Familiar of Zero one was hilarious (flat chest song ftw~~~~). The Pokemon one was nostalgic and corny funny (I have a picture of them with myself in a photo actually). All the rest were in the sub-par to decent range. I did fangirl over the FFIV one purely because FFIV is my favorite from the FF series.

I refrain from sharing pictures of my friend so I don't embarrass her (since I think she's gonna look at my blogs to make sure I don't). Not that it should stop me but hey I'd rather not get her pissed. Here's the few pictures I took today:

And as promised-ish from yesterday's blog, here's a picture of my (still incomplete, laziness for the lose) Yoko cosplay. Too bad I didn't take a picture of myself in the beginning of the day. You can make due with my ugly "OMG-running-around-with-a-disheveled-tiredness-of-a-day" shot:

Fanime 2009 - Day 2
Fanime 2009 - Day 2
Since it's the freaken end of the day, cut me some slack. I'm well aware of the many things that are off. Here, I'll even do a little service for you just to be done with it; I'll list what I can name off the top of my head what's wrong with my look now. My wig is askew, that's cuz I didn't care anymore and just asked my friend to take a picture of myself so I can at least show you guys what I kinda look like. My bikini is crooked too. How the hell did I not... notice? Oh wells. My ghetto, last-minute gloves (and shame on me for not even having her left glove length thingy) are breaking apart. My shiny legs... err I guess since I'm outside and it's nighttime, the flash made the stockings I was wearing underneath shiny. I hope the other pictures of myself taken by random people through out the day aren't like that... My waistband doesn't have the triangle thing. It did have one in the beginning of the day (taped waistband yay) so it must have gotten undone. And guh double chin but can't help that since I need to learn how to smile without producing that. If I keep a straight face, then it won't be but whatever. My socks are slipping dooooown. I thought the stockings would keep it up all day... Apparently it's too slippery.
Holy crap that's a lot of stuff just from the top of my head... jeez I'm quite cruel to myself. I could be meaner but it's near 1 AM and I'm sleepy.

P.S. I hate heels (but I can walk in them just fine). Look specifically at my boots and you'll see why. I walked around in that allllll day. Just imagine.
P.P.S. This is just gonna sound like a typical teenager (hey I'm still 18) but I could lose some belly flub. I know I'm not uber fat or anything but still. I used to exercise everyday (like in my exercise regime) but I got lazy and bombarded by school stuff (damn you school projects at the end of the year. I'm supposed to have senioritis... well I do but GYAH teachers blow).

And just for fun, here's my impression on Gia and Ethan after meeting them personally. Hyuh hyuh hyuh it's nothing evil so don't worry guys. Gia is a very outgoing person who has stories for practically any subject. I loved hearing the random stuff, it was great. Ethan is a bit... hmm not "shy" persay but something of that nature. He's also very gentlemanly. There's not enough people like that in the world.
Thanks to both of you for letting me be your pseudo-intern! I'm sorry (again! yes I'll keep saying it) I rushed out of the panel because my friends grabbed me and raaaaaaaaaaan (well not really but they were rushing me regardless). I had a super swell time. :)

Random fact: I lost the game... four times on Saturday.

Previous Fanime 2009 blog entries:
Day 0
Day 1
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
TURN TO JESUS OR BURN IN HELL!
Post by Agaters (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2
nice cosplay ^w^
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Nice Yoko, The con looks like fun and I wish I could be there. Oh well maybe next year.

Ok why are the crazy out there. you think all the people in costume would scare them off.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
Here that Mom? Im a "Gentleman"! :)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel