Fanime Convention Blog - Day 0

Topic started by RedRoses on May 21, 2009. Last post by RedRoses 5 years, 1 month ago.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Shall I be doing one of these everyday? We'll see how much time allows. Since this is day 0, there isn't that much to do. I should have taken more pictures (and apparently the ones I did take end up sucking) so you'll have to make due with what I have.

I got my badge thanks to Gia for offering an internship! I waited literally less than 4 minutes to get it. The registration staff was awesome and gave me a badge quickly:

My badge
My badge
Look at that 1337 Photoshop (... Paint) skillz there bruh! ... I was sad that they didn't include a lanyard so I used one from a previous year.

Since I went with one of my friends, we waited in line for her preregistered badge. Oh jeez I should have taken a picture of the line. It wasn't too bad because it ran smoothly but still after getting my badge, her wait was forever. I believe we waited for 45ish minutes. That actually isn't bad but still, 4 minutes versus 45 minutes...

While roaming around, I went to the Swap Meet that's on today. There's another one tomorrow that I'll be participating in. Anyway, here's a couple pictures of the area

Sorry for the really fast shots. I didn't want to sit still and take a proper one. Once the convention rolls into Day 1, I'll take more proper shots. Promise!

Oh man I already spent money and I haven't even gone to the Dealers' Room yet! Here's the stuff I bought:

These were from the Swap Meet.I hope those figures weren't bootlegs... but oh man it was such a steal if they're real! I got the Nendroid AND the Figma Yuki for $20 total! The seller got it as a gift from her sister and she never watched the series so she was just selling both of them together for $20! They're quite awesome, I'lll take a proper photoshoot after Fanime weekend is over (aka when I have enough time). The Yoko phone charm was bloody adorable. I think I got jipped off the price ($12) but it's so adorable.

Am I excited for the next coming days? Hell yeah.
Post by Schwindelmagier (314 posts) See mini bio Level 6
*Sighs and smiles* SO envious. I wish I could atleast go to Anime North but nope, I must save my money this time around for my major trip this summer. Fanime looks like it's going to be a blast once again this year! ^^
Post by Lunarmoth (193 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Sounds like your going to have fun, and the press badge is going to make you cooler then a freshly slice melon on a hot summer day. And how, I'm so jealous of that Figma Yuki figure, So the sec you go to sleep I'll be taking it. 
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
So cool. Those figures are too cute! hehehe. I can't go to any conventions, so I'll just look at the images you guys post. ^_^
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
GASP yoko keychain, O_O
Post by Sonata (35,294 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Have a Ball Red, I wish I could go!:)
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Sonata said:
Have a Ball Red, I wish I could go!:)

ya shes so lukey
Post by CapeBarnes (493 posts) See mini bio Level 18
So wait, did you get in for free with that Media badge?
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@CapeBarnes: You mean to Fanime itself? Yeah, I didn't have to pay to go in. Press and industry badges are free (there's a limit of course to each company). There's also requirements for the badge itself since you just can't get one for free.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel