Wiki Points Database Error (SERIOUS ERROR)

Topic started by Halberdierv2 on June 23, 2011. Last post by KuroNekoXIII 2 years, 12 months ago.
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Running Firefox 3.6.17

basically my issue is this. I just wrote a 500 point article, and I was awarded 1 point for it. this isn't a case where you write something that should be deserving of a bunch of points and only getting a handful. it actually said that  I received 520 points for the article.

right, however, this was my prevoius  sumbission.
I dunno about you, but 15,275 + 520 does not equal 15,278.
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Halberdierv2: It happens to me all the time, It is an occasional glitch.
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17
and it did it again with another article, taking 125 points from me. people PLEASE, get this horrible glitch fixed, its ruining my weekend >_<
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Halberdierv2: I wouldn't worry too much, you have a high amount of points as is. If there's a bug in the point system it will be affecting lots of users if not all of us, I'm sure it'll be fixed eventually.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@Newten: We can only hope.  If this is a WM-wide glitch I'm sure it'll get taken care of sooner or later.  if it's only AV... 

There has been a glitch on AV that's been brought up for almost a year now where user who go through moderation can't submit anime/manga series.  If the current bug fix pacing stays the same, the OP's problem will be fixed about a year after that one is corrected.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@sickVisionz: Yeah I know what you mean, in fairness though the Whiskey Media engineers have a lot to deal with and there are usually ways around the bugs we have, like adding the series for the user who can't. But yeah, if this is a Whiskey-wide bug I'm sure it's either already being dealt with or will be soon enough.

Post by Mercy_ (292 posts) See mini bio Level 11

There's a glitch where the points on your profile page don't match the points on your multi-pass page. It could be that you're being rewarded the full amount and the difference is credited to your multi-pass page.

@courtney12490: I think that's been fixed. I remember seeing a difference in mine a while ago but now they're the same. Unfortunately I think that means that the multi-pass number was incorrect (or thought to be incorrect) and they used the AV one.

@sickVisionz said:

@courtney12490: I think that's been fixed. I remember seeing a difference in mine a while ago but now they're the same. Unfortunately I think that means that the multi-pass number was incorrect (or thought to be incorrect) and they used the AV one.

Yeah x__X We've taken notice of this bug over on CV. It's been confirmed that the number on the multi-pass page was the correct one and unfortunately, it's the lower number that they were changed to. I know somebody who had over 5000 (or 7K) points (and you can tell this clearly by his top submissions) and unfortunately he's now down to less than 2000. It's a really sucky bug and may tick off some of the contributors in that range. It's not a big deal to people with an immense amount of points, but for people in that 1000-5000 range, it's gonna be detrimental.

@courtney12490: I never thought of it for people with low counts. That really would suck. Wiki editing is a pain when you have to go through moderation. If you were really approaching that freedom mark and then dropped down a few thousand... that would be a bit of a spirit breaker.

@sickVisionz said:

@courtney12490: I never thought of it for people with low counts. That really would suck. Wiki editing is a pain when you have to go through moderation. If you were really approaching that freedom mark and then dropped down a few thousand... that would be a bit of a spirit breaker.

Exactly. I think for most wiki editors (especially the prolific ones), we kind of lost track of points after a while, because that's not what it's about for us, it's about improving the database and making it as complete as possible. But for people who haven't hit the magic 5000 (where all moderation ceases) or even worse, had previously passed it and are now below it, this is gonna suck big time.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

I'm facing the same sorta problem. I just made a wiki edit for episode 2 of Ramen Fighter Miki and was awarded 635 points, but it wasnt added to the total amount of points I have on my profile :S So I actually have over 1000 points, but on my profile page its only 500.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel