Why doesn't the flag button work any more?

Topic started by SMXLR8 on Jan. 8, 2013. Last post by Sonata 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,379 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

anyone know why

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@SMXLR8:

Because you use it to much

Post by MarioRedfield (1,876 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Something about karma I think

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,237 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@SMXLR8: I believe it's working fine, I just had a look at the flag queue and it was full of flagged spambots, which is probably the problem. If you have an issue on the forums that needs resolving and flagging the post inst working, send a moderator a PM instead. If it's about a thread in the Battles forum, you should probably PM Sonata about it, since he's basically the Battle mod.

Post by Acura_Max (2,380 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It's because your karma is too high. That's one of the flaws with the flagging system. Even if your report is successfully processed and the person is banned, the system won't refund your karma points. It's actually faster to just pm a mod.

Post by Sonata (35,519 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Yes its the Karma system that is keeping you from flagging now. Usually if you flag something that a mod feels is appropriate material you would get a karma point for it. If flag something a mod does see as a problem you won't get a point for it. This basically keep people from abusing the flag button for every little thing. I reset your Karma points to zero so you should be fine now.
Post by eddz99 (2,577 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Sonata: So you see who people are flagging? D:

Post by Sonata (35,519 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@eddz99: Yes.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel