Unable to Add Manga Book/Anime Episode

Topic started by ScarletKittie on Nov. 26, 2011. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by ScarletKittie (131 posts) See mini bio Level 16
  • Operating Systems: Windows 7 & Mac OS X 10.6.8
  • Browsers: Firefox 8.0.1 (both systems), Google Chrome 15.0.874.121 (both systems), Safari 5.1.1 (Mac) & Internet Explorer 8 (PC)

I am unable to edit the 1st manga book, 1st anime episode and 1st anime movie sections under General Information on any character page. When I search for a volume, it lists them, but in a way I cannot select them. Here is an image of what I'm talking about.

This also happens with I try to edit first meeting information on the friends/enemies pages.

Post by takashichea (12,418 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@ScarletKittie:

I don't see a select button in those pictures. I know the new feature is not better than the older version where it highlight the episode/manga volumes. I have to scroll all the way down to hit the select button after clicking on the episode's name. Yeah, there's no indication shown to reveal whether you click the episode or the volume besides the button, "select episode".

It should look like this. I crop out the scrolling bar out, but the scrolling bar has no function.

If no one responds, PM Perryvandell, GPBmike, Ethan, or any of the staff.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@ScarletKittie: You can select them, you just get zero visual clue or signal that you've selected them. I had the same issue for about a week now, but here's the process:

Goto the page you want
Goto the page you want
Goto the editing version of the page
Goto the editing version of the page
Click on 1st whatever. Notice that the only option at the bottom is "close window"
Click on 1st whatever. Notice that the only option at the bottom is "close window"
Now, actually click on something. You won&squot;t get any visual clue that it&squot;s working other than "select episode" now being an option at the bottom
Now, actually click on something. You won't get any visual clue that it's working other than "select episode" now being an option at the bottom
Click select episode and viola, the changes show up.
Click select episode and viola, the changes show up.

It's wonky that you get no real visual clues and this is like the only part of the wiki that seems way worse than it used to be, but it is kinda functioning at least.

Post by ScarletKittie (131 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@takashichea: @sickVisionz:

Thank you very much! Don't think I ever would have figured it out without the help from both of you.

Post by takashichea (12,418 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@ScarletKittie:

I think searching episodes in these fashion would be more helpful.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel