There are no 'chapters' in my fan-fiction story

Topic started by Flyvapnet on March 1, 2009. Last post by Flyvapnet 5 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Flyvapnet (8 posts) See mini bio Level 6
How do I get rid of the subtitle 'Chapter One' in my short fan-fiction story?  There are no chapters!  Having 'Chapter One' hanging there is both misleading and ugly.  Please help!  Thank you.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
As of right now, there is no way to delete it. I suggest replacing the words "Chapter One" with the title of your story instead until there is a way to change it.
See, RedRoses, that's the problem:  How do I edit the words "Chapter One" out of there?  They're like a permanent fixture.  I can't figure out how to get rid of them.  Well, it's not a life-or-death problem, that's for sure!  Somehow I will survive in this valley of tears....  LOL!
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
As I stated previously, there is no way to edit the words out of there completely. For now, the only alternative you can do is change the words from "Chapter One" to the title of your story.

To edit the actual label of "Chapter One," hover over the yellow letters that says "Chapter One" on the right side under Table of Contents. Click the little blue square labeled "E" and you should be able to rename the chapter.

Actually, I never tried putting nothing in that entry box so maybe you should leave it blank and click "save" and see what happens. If it doesn't work, I would just put the title of your story there.
Yay!  RedRoses, your advice has solved the problem!  Thank you!  I ended up just putting the story title there, where "Chapter One" had been.  Maybe I'll go back and just make it blank, though, now that my courage has increased.  I love happy endings!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel