Search Bar is broken

Topic started by Acura_Max on July 24, 2013. Last post by takashichea 1 month ago.
Post by Acura_Max (2,372 posts) See mini bio Level 13

The search bar seems to be broken. When I try to search something on the site, no results appear even when I press enter. The same thing is happening on Screened. So, I'm assuming it has something to do with the server error. Anyone else having this problem?

Browser: Chrome

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,174 posts) See mini bio Level 12

This also applies to adding voice actors to a character/

Browsers: Chrome/Firefox

A quick update on the situation. The search bar is fixed, but you still can't attach voice actor to an episode page.

Post by takashichea (13,104 posts) See mini bio Level 25

New character pages are not appearing.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,236 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Supreme Marvel: @Acura_Max: Seems to be working fine to me.

@takashichea: Give it a little while, sometimes it takes a while for new pages to start appearing in search results. If it still doesn't show up try making a few edits to the new character page and then search again after a few minutes.

@Daniel_Newton: It was broken yesterday because the engineers were doing something with the sites, but it has been fixed since then.

@Daniel_Newton: @Acura_Max:

I know we have to edit the page in order to make it appear. This time, it taking a bit longer. I did some tests to the pages. I look at Dekken's and the other editor's pages. It seems that the new wiki pages for today are lagging. The ones made yesterday appear fine.

Edit:

Acura Max explained to me already.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,330 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Daniel_Newton:

I have created some new item/concept pages yesterday and they haven't appear in the search bar yet. Do you know how long it will take?

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,174 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Daniel_Newton:

I have created some new item/concept pages yesterday and they haven't appear in the search bar yet. Do you know how long it will take?

Same here.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,330 posts) See mini bio Level 21

The search bar still isn't working, I have add characters/items/concepts/locations and they haven't shown up yet.

@Destinyheroknight: @Supreme Marvel:

Since it's still broken, we have to think up a solution. All these new characters and other pages might get dupe pages. To prevent that as much as we can, I suggest adding characters links to the anime series page. For concepts, objects, locations, link them to the episode or volume pages.

I created some dupes already because of this.

Hope this helps.

Characters

Edit:

I meant to say add links on any pages you need to add them.

Post by sifter01 (58 posts) See mini bio Level 13

do we already have our best engineers or is there any new recruits?

@sifter01:

To be honest, I don't know. After the Whiskey Media schism, most of the engineers left. We still have some engineers.

Post by sifter01 (58 posts) See mini bio Level 13

k if there good well the situations maybe solved

@Acura_Max: @sifter01: @Destinyheroknight: @Supreme Marvel: @Daniel_Newton:

I was working on the hentai manga and adding volumes and creators. I noticed that the pages I created today are appearing in the search engine. However, the pages we created between August 18 and July 24 are not appearing. There is some good news.

Post by bigz007 (1,104 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I created a new concept page today and it still can't be added to a certain episode.

@bigz007:

What's your concept page name? Let me try searching it. My volume pages I'm creating are appearing.

Post by bigz007 (1,104 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: Daemonia

Post by Masterofdeath (2,249 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The call out user search feature is also messed up I can't find people certain people when I search for them.

@bigz007:

I can't search it. Sorry.

@Masterofdeath:

Same goes for the PM part where you search for people to send PM.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel